Winds 22004KT favoring runway 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because two aircraft are landing the same runway, from different directions, does not in and of itself make it unsafe. Can it be? Of course it can. Can it be done safely? Obviously it can, it's done at airports across the country every day.
Agreed, sorry I misread your comment as a blanket statement.

That's a big stretch there and not the same scenario as reported by the OP. Just because two aircraft are landing the same runway, from different directions, does not in and of itself make it unsafe. Can it be? Of course it can. Can it be done safely? Obviously it can, it's done at airports across the country every day.

I think the safer option would be to fly to a different airport where there is no traffic, or fly away and come back later, or extend your downwind, or even better, just don't fly. Otherwise, you're going to have to live with stuff like this. Just because it's different than what you're doing, doesn't automatically make it unsafe.

According to what I've read here, I saw no safety issue, just a dick wagging issue.

Weird. Those weren't my quotes...

Since we seem to be in a marathon thread again, how about this: none of us were there. We are taking the OP’s word...I’m not disputing that. What I will say is it is very possible or even highly likely that the RV driver looked at the windsock before landing. At our airport, the windsock rarely agrees with the wind direction called out on atis..they are on opposite sides of the runway at least 500 feet apart. In a light and variable or calm wind, this could be the case. Some pilots prefer to look at the sock.

Last edited:
Safety first.............noise abatement 2nd. If it were me in the RV and some airport nazi told me to land on the less safe/wind runway, I'd have given them the standard aviation reply................"Are you a spitter or a swallower?"

OK, so how was landing on a runway that had a tailwind (however slight) and all the traffic coming the opposing direction safer?

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Truly.

What derogatory term would you prefer to describe your actions?

How about all of you quit being dicks for a few seconds and have a productive conversation? :dunno:

Not possible, this be the interwebs, yo.

Meh... We're better than the rest of the interwebs. At least, we used to be. We're pilots. This is a small community of people who live in a smaller world than the rest of humanity by virtue of our quick transportation, and that has enabled way more of us to meet up in person than is normal for an online forum.

Unfortunately, a lot of the best posters from days gone by have left, and that seems to continue as people do what people on other forums do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back