The Big Bang Theory

Think it may end with a bang?

bah dum tssssss

Good show, but too repetitive for most of it's storyline. It's time has come to end. I hope there is a big twist at the end where Leonard leaves Penny. She has been keeping the storyline from progressing for the last few years, and doesn't really add much to it anymore.

Good show, but too repetitive for most of it's storyline. It's time has come to end. I hope there is a big twist at the end where Leonard leaves Penny. She has been keeping the storyline from progressing for the last few years, and doesn't really add much to it anymore.
What’s the point if it’s ending anyway?

As long as it’s not as bad as the last MASH... seems the writers of these shows get drunk (or high) at the finale’ party and then get down to writing the last episode...

Calling it - Penny is pregnant. They all move out of the apartment into houses.

As long as it’s not as bad as the last MASH... seems the writers of these shows get drunk (or high) at the finale’ party and then get down to writing the last episode...

Or Seinfeld, that wasn't much either. Easily the best last episode of any show I've ever seen was the second Bob Newhart show, the one that was just named "Newhart" and was set in New England. If you saw it I'm pretty sure you wouldn't forget it. Someone going back now and watching it probably wouldn't get the joke, because there was a lot of context that it referenced, but at the time I just about fell on the floor I was laughing so hard.

Last edited:
I have enjoyed the show over the years as well. I haven't kept up the last few seasons because I can't ever keep track of what channel the new episodes are on and at what time. Seems like 3 networks air the show at all different times through out the afternoon.

I thought the Seinfeld ending was pretty good bringing all the characters back together and retelling some of their greatest lines through the years.

Or Seinfeld, that wasn't much either. Easily the best last episode of any show I've ever seen was the second Bob Newhard show, the one that was just named "Newhart" and was set in New England. If you saw it I'm pretty sure you wouldn't forget it. Someone going back now and watching it probably wouldn't get the joke, because there was a lot of context that it referenced, but at the time I just about fell on the floor I was laughing so hard.
Yea that one was awesome! And also may have taken a bit of happy weed to contrive

I'm going with bflynn - they all move to the suburbs.

And, yes, FormerHangie, that Newhart ending is still brilliant.

Anyone remember how Friends ended?

I'm going with bflynn - they all move to the suburbs.

And, yes, FormerHangie, that Newhart ending is still brilliant.

Hmm, lemme think. Monica and Chandler had adopted a baby and moved to the suburbs. Mike and Phoebe had gotten married as well. Rachel was going to move to Paris but decided she couldn't. Joey was still acting. IIRC the last thing they did was decide to go for coffee and Chandler asked "Where?".

Newhart was good. I think on BBT, Shamy will win the Nobel prize and get hired at another university; Raj will go home to India and the two couples will live out their lives as we all do.

Or Seinfeld, that wasn't much either. Easily the best last episode of any show I've ever seen was the second Bob Newhart show, the one that was just named "Newhart" and was set in New England. If you saw it I'm pretty sure you wouldn't forget it. Someone going back now and watching it probably wouldn't get the joke, because there was a lot of context that it referenced, but at the time I just about fell on the floor I was laughing so hard.
It was the perfect ending to Newhart. Of course the context was the 1986 season finale of "Dallas".

We are showing our age, aint we?

They are going to go for a "feel good" ending. Let's mix it up.

Thought the finale of St Elsewhere was one of the “whatever” endings.

Who cares? (and get off my lawn...)
I have enjoyed the show over the years as well. I haven't kept up the last few seasons because I can't ever keep track of what channel the new episodes are on and at what time. Seems like 3 networks air the show at all different times through out the afternoon.
Same here. I still see episodes I haven't seen before, but usually I have no clue how old they are. I may actually take the time to find the new one tonight. I never did see the last episodes of MASH or Friends or Sienfeld. Wait, didn't those jackasses all finally blessedly end up in jail?

.....But will they finally fix the elevator?

The bride and I are avid watchers, hate to see it go. The show always provides simple easy laughs.

...So you're saying there's a show on that TV thing called "Big Bang Theory?" I must have missed that. Been busy.

After Newhart, there wasn't much worth watching.

After Newhart, there wasn't much worth watching.

I don't watch the show regularly, but Bob Newhart was a guest for a while - very entertaining storyline and Newhart himself is hilarious.

The guys go to a Star Trek convention dressed as Spock, Captain Kirk and Captain Stubing from Love Boat. (the costume store was out of costumes)

The girls stay at home and have a little too much wine, then get a little to friendly and get carried away....

(we can dream, can't we..??)

It was decent for a while but clearly became a ‘let’s laugh at smart people’ and lost me at that point.

I find it hard to watch anything with a laugh track.

This! I find it insulting that they assume the average person doesn't understand what is funny so they insert a laugh track. Totally ruins it for me because half the stuff they insert the laugh track on is not funny. Not everything the characters say is funny.

This! I find it insulting that they assume the average person doesn't understand what is funny so they insert a laugh track. Totally ruins it for me because half the stuff they insert the laugh track on is not funny. Not everything the characters say is funny.
This show was filmed before a live audience.

May be a live audience, but the studios "sweeten" the laughter if it is not in the right place or not what the producers are looking for.

Unfortunately not much else to watch on the 3 major networks from previews I have seen on new or existing shows. Sad that most TV show seems to be lacking in every aspect.

The writers of MASH didn't want a laugh track, but the network insisted on having one. They compromised and didn't have one in the OR scenes. They also had a few episodes without one. Those episodes seem more realistic.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not much else to watch on the 3 major networks from previews I have seen on new or existing shows. Sad that most TV show seems to be lacking in every aspect.

Keep recycling the same three themes, cop, fireman, or doctor/hospital shows. The only one of that genre that was worth watching was the 1st few seasons of House.

Since I 'cut the cord' I've been watching more and more stuff from places like Netflix, HBO, and Showtime. I'm a fan of BBT, but in the last few years it seems like all the quality stuff has shifted away from network TV and in that direction.

I personally think all tv shows should be banned....go outside and play !

Burn all the books too? When I was young, I read an awful lot. Could have been outside playing!

I watch a lot of mystery/comedy shows where:
1. the hero (or heroine) is a rebel,
2. breaks all the rules,
3. is smarter that everyone else and
4. wins out in the end.
Psych, Bull, Resident, New Amsterdam, Whiskey Cavalier.... I think that is the theme for most shows, I watch too much TV.

Back