Twin Beech Down CO

If that was a Duke, that's the second one in flames in recent times.

This was the photo I saw on FB. Not likely anyone was getting out alive. RIP.

d0229957-725a-492c-8597-e2043c7bb843-Plane_Crash_1.jpg

Ugh...terrible.

Crashed about one minute after his initial downwind call. Wonder if the controls were compromised, or the smoke/fire overtook the cabin. Amazing how big the flames were, almost like a pressurized fuel line was feeding it.
That's a very rough way to experience the end of your life.

I wonder how quickly this developed. Reports are he came from the south, I think I would have gone straight in on 33 if I knew about the problem rather than flying the full traffic pattern to 15. Unless the problem started and rapidly deteriorated on downwind.

If that was a Duke, that's the second one in flames in recent times.

That's the third Duke fatal in less than one month. This one on May 15 (N60RK), on one May 5 (N102SN), and one on April 18 (N65MY). Considering how small the Duke fleet is, that's an astonishing coincidence.

That's the third Duke fatal in less than one month. This one on May 15 (N60RK), on one May 5 (N102SN), and one on April 18 (N65MY). Considering how small the Duke fleet is, that's an astonishing coincidence.
It's really been devastating for the Duke community. Very sad to see the losses of life and to a much lesser extent, airframes

God bless. It’s amazing how fast that got
Out of hand. Given it’s burned to a crisp and smashed I imagine it will be hard for investigators to get to the bottom of what happened.

Back