Emesis Bag vs Sic-Sac

Groundpounder

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Emerson Bigguns
This is what many hospitals and doctors' offices are using these days. I've got a few that my doctor gave me that I keep in my plane.

Save some money, keep some gallon sized ziplocks in the plane.

They'll work as a urinal in a pinch too!

What’s wrong with the one in the seatback pocket on your next commercial flight?

We keep a few emesis bags in my flight bag because the wife grabbed a few from work. They are compact and can be tied off quickly as well to avoid lingering smells or spills.

There's a reason hospitals and doctors use them. I have a couple in the plane, and plan to change them out every couple of years. I'd hate to find out how long it takes the plastic to get brittle and tear, you know.

When the budget gets that tight, it will probably be time to sell the airplane
it's really not about budget, it's about the fact that they work quite well for the purpose. I've never used them in an airplane, but...one time when I got food poisoning and had it running out of both ends I used them as I was sitting on the toilet. Barf in them, zip them up, done. No mess or stench.

And you probably already have them around.

Just go to your local supermarket and buy an apple. Before you check out, put the apple in a plastic produce bag along with a twist tie (hopefully this supermarket uses the heavier plastic bags rather than the thinner ones or paper bags). After you get home, peel off the sticker from the apple and use it to fasten the twist tie to the plastic bag. Carefully fold the plastic bag and place it into a return reply envelope that you fished out of your junk mail (bonus points if it's from AOPA).

That's essentially the same as what you get when you buy a Sic-Sac, no?

Back