I'll give MyPilotStore a chance to make this right, but . . .

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
I ordered an oxygen tank from MyPilotStore the week before last for my upcoming trip across the Rockies next week. Their web site said it shipped a week ago and should take 3 to 6 days. It should have been here today. Instead, I get an email (today) saying it is back ordered and will ship on Friday, the day I plan to leave. They have empty tanks in stock they could have shipped and I could get it filled locally, but I opted to pay the $33 to have it shipped full.

I spoke to them today and they have to wait till tomorrow to talk to Aerox. They promised to make this right, but the only way to make it right is to get me the oxygen, or at least the tank, within a few days.

I'll let you know if they get a :thumbsup: or a :raspberry:
Either way, I'm not happy now.

Yes, I know I should have ordered it sooner, but if they let me know before the expected delivery date that they didn't really ship it when they said the did I could have made other plans.
:fcross:

That’s why I like to order from Amazon. They’re not perfect, but fewer such issues.

Of course, I doubt they carry O2 tanks.

...They have empty tanks in stock they could have shipped and I could get it filled locally, but I opted to pay the $33 to have it shipped full...

Isn't a filled O2 cylinder a DOT HazMat cargo? Unlike a new, never-filled cylinder which can probably be sent UPS or USPS?

That may be the real source of your delay.

Can a medical O2 cylinder be connected to an aviation regulator? Are the connections/threads compatible?

Isn't a filled O2 cylinder a DOT HazMat cargo? Unlike a new, never-filled cylinder which can probably be sent UPS or USPS?

Can a medical O2 cylinder be connected to an aviation regulator? Are the connections/threads compatible?

UN1072, Oxygen, Compressed, 2.2,5.1
You can still ship it UPS, even via air (though UPS might balk at that). Just an additional $35 or so in Hazmat Fees

They have a $33 hazmat charge to ship a filled O2 cylinder. That was cheaper than the $50 charge the local FBO charges to fill it, so that is what I selected. If I knew it would be back ordered, I would have ordered an empty cylinder, which they have in stock and had it filled locally. If they had not told me it had already been shipped, but then told me "sorry" on the day I expected delivery, I would have made other arrangements.

I'm still waiting to hear how they will "make it right", like they said.

Yeah, that's a pretty dick move on their part.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::biggrin:

It hasn't happened yet, but it appears that MyPIlotStore has come through for me.

They were supposed to call me early today, but at 11:08, I called them. I didn't realize it was only 8:08 there and they just opened, but they checked into it right away.

They contacted Aerox and Aerox has promised to ship it overnight for a Wednesday delivery.
YAY!
And they waived the $33 Haz/Mat filling charge and no upcharge for the overnight delivery.

Now, if it actually gets here by tomorrow! :fcross::fcross:

Never had a problem with MyPilotStore.

Back