Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Toe

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • What?

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
If I’m wearing boots with spurs, I definitely go heel!

I know what we all really want to ask...

Does a person with one foot swim in circles?

Says the guy who doesn't believe in ground effect!
So ground effect helps the plane stop shorter now? What's next? Whiter teeth? Cures cancer? What isn't ground effect capable of?

You're dating yourself. Millenials would never do,anything like that, it's scary and they don't have coordination reaching much further than their two thumbs

I don’t think Millenials would know what to do with a 3rd pedal in a car. And from last count, I think Nissan is doing away with at least one of the two pedals, so now we’re down to one pedal... something the Millenials might (just might) be able to comprehend: Off and On. :p;) (Nomex suit ON) :p

I don’t think Millenials would know what to do with a 3rd pedal in a car. And from last count, I think Nissan is doing away with at least one of the two pedals, so now we’re down to one pedal... something the Millenials might (just might) be able to comprehend: Off and On. :p;) (Nomex suit ON) :p

I had not heard that. I've been too busy mourning the loss of the left-most pedal and trying to come to terms with the thought that my next truck will be bigger, with a smaller engine, a turbo to make it look strong on paper, and a gazillion-speed automatic that will never be in the gear I want it to be in . . . .

Back in the day, i test drove a sporty stickshift model from GM, and when I hit it hard a chrome bar slid into the shift gate that only allowed me to shift from 1st to 4th. I pulled over, turned it off, unbuckled my seat belt and told the sales guy to drive me back to my car 'cause I was done driving his piece of junk.

I had not heard that. I've been too busy mourning the loss of the left-most pedal...

You and me both! I made an error and thought it was one pedal. Instead, the vehicle can be operated with one pedal. Here’s a YouTube video of the Nissan Leaf “e-Pedal.”

Back in the day, i test drove a sporty stickshift model from GM, and when I hit it hard a chrome bar slid into the shift gate that only allowed me to shift from 1st to 4th.

I remember that! It was called “Skip Shift” I think, and was part of the 1980’s fuel efficiency move. I recall that the Corvette (1986, I think) had a solenoid that forced a shift from 1st to 4th. I think people yanked the fuse on that solenoid to prevent that from happening.

I had not heard that. I've been too busy mourning the loss of the left-most pedal and trying to come to terms with the thought that my next truck will be bigger, with a smaller engine, a turbo to make it look strong on paper, and a gazillion-speed automatic that will never be in the gear I want it to be in . . . .

Back in the day, i test drove a sporty stickshift model from GM, and when I hit it hard a chrome bar slid into the shift gate that only allowed me to shift from 1st to 4th. I pulled over, turned it off, unbuckled my seat belt and told the sales guy to drive me back to my car 'cause I was done driving his piece of junk.
Luddite. Go drive an EcoBoost F150; I challenge you to tell it’s not a V8. I didn’t think we’d get to this point, but at least a couple of manufacturers seem to have figured it out. Maybe not GM, I haven’t been paying attention. Things have changed since “back in the day”.

Oh, and.... yeah, both when needed.

and a gazillion-speed automatic that will never be in the gear I want it to be in . . . .

Yep, it will be in the proper gear instead...:lol:

I remember that! It was called “Skip Shift” I think, and was part of the 1980’s fuel efficiency move. I recall that the Corvette (1986, I think) had a solenoid that forced a shift from 1st to 4th. I think people yanked the fuse on that solenoid to prevent that from happening.

The smart people knew what to do to get around the skip shift, and the wannabes just complained saying it hindered their driving ability.....

Funny, all my race cars had automatic transmissions, usually 2 speeds that were originally from 60s era cars. The only race cars I had with manual transmissions were the cars that went on mile or longer tracks. And that was because of the heat build up in the auto trans.

One foot on the gas, one foot on the brake, one foot on the clutch, one hand on the wheel, one hand on the shifter and one hand on the drift brake... Ah, good times.

One foot on the gas, one foot on the brake, one foot on the clutch, one hand on the wheel, one hand on the shifter and one hand on the drift brake... Ah, good times.

That would require someone to have an interesting deformity.

Yeah, GM called it CAGS for Computer Aided (Aggravated?) Gear Selection. I had it coded out on my '05 Vette when I had it dyno tuned.

What a stupid CAFE Band-Aid!!

upload_2019-5-13_15-10-54.jpeg
which one is the 3rd Pedal?

Luddite. Go drive an EcoBoost F150; I challenge you to tell it’s not a V8. I didn’t think we’d get to this point, but at least a couple of manufacturers seem to have figured it out. Maybe not GM, I haven’t been paying attention. Things have changed since “back in the day”.

Oh, and.... yeah, both when needed.

Right now I have a Ranger with 3.0 V6. GM is going to turbo 4s; don't recall who is doing what, but I'm hearing everything from 8 to 11 automatic gears . . . . No thanks! That's just too much crap to break, and hauling weight will wear out both the tiny engine and the hot little turbo, to say nothing of shifting two or three times as often.

Sorry, but I want what I want. When that matches what someone wants to sell, I'll buy it. When I have to replqce something and can't find what I want, I buy as close to it as I can get. And that's not a turbo-4-banger in a full sized truck with 11-speed auto. Doggone thing won't ever not be shifting, going up and down a few little hills.

If it bothers you that I don't like what you like, then get a life and leave me alone. I ain't you, and don't want to be.

Right now I have a Ranger with 3.0 V6. GM is going to turbo 4s; don't recall who is doing what, but I'm hearing everything from 8 to 11 automatic gears . . . . No thanks! That's just too much crap to break, and hauling weight will wear out both the tiny engine and the hot little turbo, to say nothing of shifting two or three times as often.
Have you ever seen a real truck? The one with a turbo and 18 gears? The efficiency finally started to matter for toy trucks and guess what, same thing happened to them too! Except that we have computers now that can shift for you.

Have you ever seen a real truck? The one with a turbo and 18 gears? The efficiency finally started to matter for toy trucks and guess what, same thing happened to them too! Except that we have computers now that can shift for you.

There's computers that can drive for you, too, but I don't want one of them, either.

Back