ID this EGT probe

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I want to replace this probe.
All I know is that it has a red cable with a black sheath (or heatshrink) and the depicted connectors.

[This one reads 150F higher than the others (which appear the same) and the ‘problem’ follows the probe.]

Attachments

• 2B0C3449-36BA-447F-AAB6-A4AC453E3160.jpeg
    2B0C3449-36BA-447F-AAB6-A4AC453E3160.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 33
  • EBB1E4FB-9799-4767-BC09-BC668A28CFF8.jpeg
    EBB1E4FB-9799-4767-BC09-BC668A28CFF8.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 31
All the exhaust temp sensors I’ve seen are k type thermocouples. Assuming yours is too, they should be interchangeable. But that said, the instrument manufacturer may advise otherwise and installing an unapproved part May jeopardize the approval of the engine monitor installation.

Who made the instrument?

Note that the probe probably isn't the problem. Even slight different placement in the exhaust can cause such a difference in readings. The absolute value of the EGT is a meaningless number either. You're looking for the difference as you change the mixture.

The connectors are like the ones that came with EI UBG-16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So? it could be that sets the thermocouple sits in a different location with respect to the probe threads. But sure, go find a thermocouple that gives you a happier answer. It's your money. Again, the absolute EGT reading is of little overall importance.

But sure, go find a thermocouple that gives you a happier answer. It's your money. Again, the absolute EGT reading is of little overall importance.

Ron I didn’t want to end the thread without giving you a chance to understand my situation, we all fly slightly different a/c with different equipment.

I fully understand the concept of static EGT numbers being largely meaningless. I get it.

However - in this situation - what I am dealing with is an audio alerting system that sees the difference and gives a continuous and distracting alarm during much of the flight. (I could turn it off or reset the alert level, but I would disable certain utilities by doing so.)
So, it’s not all just a visual pleasantness I am after here!

Back