Airline Pilot Arrested for Murder

One of the victims was a potential witness against him in a different case.

One of the victims was a potential witness against him in a different case.
He was, in the Army, "convicted of lesser offenses", which apparently didn't DQ him from being an airline pilot.
I hope that this is a death-penalty offense.

The professional pilot shortage is real.

I hadn’t read all the details, says mention of marital infidelity, classified military info & who knows what else. Open pilot slot for someone looking.

This is truly a Kentucky coal country story. He got divorced because his wife was married to a man in TN and plead guilty to bigamy. The army was done with their prosecution. Probably killed the 3 over a feud.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/christian-martin/

Last edited:
Quite the story, though not much detail about the evidence that he committed the actual murders in the indictment.

I love how there 50 or more news stories about this all going on with the attorney general’s grand-standing and the spectacular bigamy and secrets aspects of this case, but none of the ones I looked at actually link to the indictment itself.

Last edited:
We fly behind all kinds of people. As they say, ignorance is bliss.

Indeed. But that is far less true for the regionals though. They're a much more known quantity in that regard. Don't shoot the messenger and all, but it's just not that competitive a job to get, even though they do the same damn thing as a major airline pilot.

Now, personally I don't think FFD carriers are a justifiable job to treat as entry level OJT just because they happen to be FFD. But that's what the perverse incentives the mainline carriers have created, has left us with. They've [mainline] always been rent-seekers of the highest order, first by siphoning military pilots, and when that well historically dried up post cold-war, the expansion of the FFD model saved them from having to cough up the cost of ab initio. Latter which is essentially what separates us from the European and Asian experiences when it comes to a vocational track to an airliner cockpit.

The professional pilot shortage is real.

You ain't kiddin'. I'm genuinely curious how the heck PSA green-lighted a commissioned officer applicant with a Dismissal from the US Military. You can't even get cigarettes down the street with that albatross hanging over your neck; but part 121, okie dokey? Jesus.

Regionals just need to die already, I don't care how many dreamer 57 year old career changers it sidelines.

Indeed. But that is far less true for the regionals though. They're a much more known quantity in that regard. Don't shoot the messenger and all, but it's just not that competitive a job to get, even though they do the same damn thing as a major airline pilot.

Now, personally I don't think FFD carriers are a justifiable job to treat as entry level OJT just because they happen to be FFD. But that's what the perverse incentives the mainline carriers have created, has left us with. They've [mainline] always been rent-seekers of the highest order, first by siphoning military pilots, and when that well historically dried up post cold-war, the expansion of the FFD model saved them from having to cough up the cost of ab initio. Latter which is essentially what separates us from the European and Asian experiences when it comes to a vocational track to an airliner cockpit.

You ain't kiddin'. I'm genuinely curious how the heck PSA green-lighted a commissioned officer applicant with a Dismissal from the US Military. You can't even get cigarettes down the street with that albatross hanging over your neck; but part 121, okie dokey? Jesus.

Regionals just need to die already, I don't care how many dreamer 57 year old career changers it sidelines.
Anyone can GET a job at a regional but they do a decent job of weeding people out. You still have to pass the training. There’s always the exception, but I think most regionals are good at getting rid of the bad apples.

He's probably gonna need a SI.

Back