Avidyne 10.2.3.1 software

Alex G.

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AlexTB20
Avidyne just launched the 10.2.3.1 software for IFD series, that fixes multiple issues related to GPS, Wi-Fi and also adds compatibility to 3rd party avionics such as Garmin G5 and L3’s Lynx NGT-9000 remote transponder.

Does anybody know where I can find the .dsf file needed for upgrade?

Thank you.

Avidyne just launched the 10.2.3.1 software for IFD series, that fixes multiple issues related to GPS, Wi-Fi and also adds compatibility to 3rd party avionics such as Garmin G5 and L3’s Lynx NGT-9000 remote transponder.

Does anybody know where I can find the .dsf file needed for upgrade?

Thank you.
I was told earlier on the Piper forum that it was a dealer only install, but I could be wrong. I would like to install it myself to save me the trip to a dealer.

It is technically a dealer installed update, but my bet is they'll have a way to download it and have an AI install and sign off. Just approved so that process isn't in place yet. Software updates are only able to be done by those with the proper license, FAA regs. I believe it is legal for an AI to assist and sign off.

It is technically a dealer installed update, but my bet is they'll have a way to download it and have an AI install and sign off. Just approved so that process isn't in place yet. Software updates are only able to be done by those with the proper license, FAA regs. I believe it is legal for an AI to assist and sign off.
For the gps rollover date update I got email with a link to download. They don’t seem to be doing that with this update.

I checked their web site and the user forums on their web site. Someone was asking why they are not making it available for end users to install and have signed off by an IA. Their response is to call your dealer. I did not do the GPS rollover date patch - I was waiting for for this update. I like the IFD440 unit but I am still miffed that I had a new unit installed in January and they did not have already have a fix for the rollover date. The issue was known for along time. It is not always easy to get the plane to the Avionics authorized dealer. These patches are not anymore difficult than updating the Nav data. If all it took was an IA to sign off - that would be much easier.

For the gps rollover date update I got email with a link to download. They don’t seem to be doing that with this update.

I checked their web site and the user forums on their web site. Someone was asking why they are not making it available for end users to install and have signed off by an IA. Their response is to call your dealer. I did not do the GPS rollover date patch - I was waiting for for this update. I like the IFD440 unit but I am still miffed that I had a new unit installed in January and they did not have already have a fix for the rollover date. The issue was known for along time. It is not always easy to get the plane to the Avionics authorized dealer. These patches are not anymore difficult than updating the Nav data. If all it took was an IA to sign off - that would be much easier.

I agree that the updates are not difficult to do, but from what I understand it's a FAA regulation, not Avidyne. I'm just reporting what they've (Avidyne) has done in the past, initially they release the update to the dealers, then make it available to the owners with the proper paperwork for an AI to sign off. Maybe this release will be different. I've done 1 software update and the GPS rollover update, both with my AI assisting and signing off.

On Avidynelive, AviSteve said it'll be posted to the dealer website soon, and to check back next week if they're going to make it available for AI install, he wasn't sure of that process yet.

I agree that the updates are not difficult to do, but from what I understand it's a FAA regulation, not Avidyne. I'm just reporting what they've (Avidyne) has done in the past, initially they release the update to the dealers, then make it available to the owners with the proper paperwork for an AI to sign off. Maybe this release will be different. I've done 1 software update and the GPS rollover update, both with my AI assisting and signing off.

On Avidynelive, AviSteve said it'll be posted to the dealer website soon, and to check back next week if they're going to make it available for AI install, he wasn't sure of that process yet.
I understand it is a regulation that it has to be signed off, but the Choice to force it through the dealer network is Avidynes. Not everyone has easy access to the “authorized” avionics dealer. There are easier ways to comply with the regulations. I can have an IA stop at our hangar after hours and sign it off if they make the update available.

Back