Certified pitot static hose (if this exists)

Keith Diamond

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Iceman
Does anyone know what hose and fittings can be used for pitot static lines in/behind a certified panel?

current setup with it's history have 14 connections/fittings to put it all together. 411/413 cost me 500 in leak detection/repair alone, on top of the cert cost.

I will be going to an AV-30 when it is certififed, or with a second Aspen PFD-1000 and when that happens I want to clean up the tubing.

I have googled and can't find any certified tubing or fittings. Main fitting in I curious about would be something of a 1 to 4 'manifold' for example.

Thanks all.

what hose and fittings can be used for pitot static lines in/behind a certified panel?
Most of the pitot/static lines are made from 1/4" nylon tubing/fittings that are considered "standard parts." I use/used Swagelok brand but there are a number of other similar brand like this: http://www.chiefaircraft.com/aircraft/installation-supplies/poly-tubing-fittings.html . If you have an "older" aircraft sometimes Aeroquip hose or fitted aluminum tubing and AN fittings is a better way to go.

What aircraft? I'm with the helicopter guy as far as the clear tubing goes, but AN306 with fittings would never be questioned. I was doing an inspection on a Bell 412 medivac bird decades ago when all the clear tubing crumbled with every move I made. It was all new when I was done.

Bob Weber
Autopilot consulting
WebairConsulting.com

Tygon. Tough, flexible, abrasion resistant, doesn't get brittle with age.

The steinair push fitting manifold was exactly what I had in mind but it does t appear to be certified?

On the Tygon tubing- can that use push connectors? Or would you need 1/4ID compression- like the nylo-seal?

Great ideas! Thank you all.

but it does t appear to be certified?
There is no "certification" of these types of parts just like hardware, aluminum sheeting, plexiglass, electrical connectors, light bulbs. They fall under "standard parts" which per Part 21 and other FAA guidance are items that meet industry specifications or performance criteria. In this case the installing mechanic will make the determination if the part meets the other performance requirements of Part 43.

Though a bit pricey, I would say AN306-1 with B nut fittings is the cleanest and most professional installation you will find. Industry standard, I doubt you would find it wouldn't pass an inspection. As with any project, you choose the materials to work with, then craft them for esthetics.

Back