[NA] SNL Adam Sandler hosts 5/4/19

david.h

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
david.h
I loved SNL in the 90's, Chris Farley, Victoria Jackson, news with Dennis Miller, David Spade, Phil Hartman, Mike Myers etc.... I haven't watched SNL hardly at all in the last 10 years, but scanned thru tonight and Adam Sandler is hosting tonight, the intro was pretty good. Will give it a watch 'cause I remember there are some stinkers between the good laughs, and have heard the recent cast does a good job. Lets see where it goes from here, just checking in on an old friend at this point.

I literally came here to post this same thing.

I saw Spade, Sandler, Rob Schneider, and that dude from Grandma's Boy live last year in Ft. Worth.

I was happy to see he ended with the Farley Tribute.

Yep about the Chris Farley tribute at the end, I was watching it with my high school aged boys and pausing it to explain the inside jokes.. Letting them know there are some movies they need to watch again (too young to remember the first time they watched tommy boy etc....) and we somehow erased the live feed we had been watching in delay cause of all the pausing. So I was happy to find this post off the Farley tribute song, thans for posting.

As for SNL, it was about as I expected: some great laughs from Sandler callbacks from back in the day, a few good punches at the current situation, Weekend update was marginal but Sandler came through with the Opra Man skit (wonderful, but expected and hilarious) and there were obligatory "yawn" skits in between. But watching my teen aged boys actually laughing at live comedy was a treat and something different from the usual youtube banter they can get at a few clicks notice. All in all, a good show tonight. Bravo SNL you made me laugh and enjoy the show once again.

Other than the turkey song, Sandler's best work.

Back