Piper Owner Organizations?

Rgbeard

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rgbeard
I just received, in the mail, today, two pieces of mail. One from Piper Owner Society and the other from Piper Flyer Association. I guess the FAA database has trickled down after our purchase was registered in late 2018.

POS (what an acronym?!?!) wants $119 for three years and PFA $72.

I won’t join both, may not join either. But I am soliciting requests for experience with either and a recommendation.

I have been getting that mail for 2 years, they go to the recycle bucket and never saw the inside of my house. I am environmentally responsible

Piper owner society is not so good, i.e. POS
Piper flyer association, Dallenbachs, pretty good!!

I personally start with EAA then AOPA. I was PFA for a few years, nothing adverse. With all the net info & forums I don’t see how they have any ‘special’ info/insight. I’m just neutral on them though, nothing negative.

As it is, I get magazines & the rest from various organizations that I just page through a bit. Only so much time in a day, the dog would rather I take her for a walk.

It depends on what you want from an association, but I have had experience with Kent Dellenbusch at Piper Flyer, and he is very helpful when people are looking for information or parts related to Piper aircraft.

What's your type? I enjoyed both the Short Wing Piper group and the Comanche owners groups when I owned those planes in the past.

Compare Cessna Owners vs Piper Owners.....

Go with Piper Flyers if you want specific Piper material.

Back