Downtown Dallas

Where someone considers a nice place to live is very subjective. No matter which state you're talking about, there are some who like it and some who don't. And even within a state, there are places each of us would like more or less depending on our preferences.

I have always lived in NC, and I don't have any plans to ever change that. But even here, the heat and humidity in July/August is difficult for me. I have to drag myself through those two months to get to the other side. I like all three of our other seasons. So I imagine there are major portions of Texas that I would not like. Just like Florida. But each to his own.

I'm just glad we don't all want to live in the same place. It might get a little crowded. And incredibly expensive.

Having said that, I have had the opportunity to travel to a lot of states thanks to the company I worked for back in the 90s. I enjoyed Dallas and Houston (didn't see much of Houston) very much, including a side trip down to Galveston.

Last I saw this is a free country..if you don't like where you live move, why stay and be unhappy..? Fact of the matter is you will rarely like the place you currently live..the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

A thread asking what to do while in Dallas had more of a hate Texas theme than a what can I do for the ONE DAY I'm here in this god awful state. Hahahaha

Where someone considers a nice place to live is very subjective. No matter which state you're talking about, there are some who like it and some who don't. And even within a state, there are places each of us would like more or less depending on our preferences.

I have always lived in NC, and I don't have any plans to ever change that.

Yep. Having lived in all four corners of this great country, I believe I have a well balanced view of what defines a ****h01e place to live.

The Northwest, Appalachian portion of North Carolina is heaven on Earth, But the big cities are horrible.

I have enjoyed immensely my time in the Great White North of New York state, but the rest of that state is lost to the idiotic government and I could never live there permanently.

Southern New Jersey is a lovely farmland area, except where there are cities.

California, Oregon and Washington have all been destroyed by their corrupt governments and I don't even like visiting family there any more, despite the scenic wonderland of the Sierra Nevada mountains...

Everything North and East of Virginia is a foreign country...

I am an adopted Texan and will stay here for the rest of my life. That does not mean I will make excuses for those big cities that have been ruined by idiotic policies (again, government.) and I like the heat.

I spent this last week in an area just South of Feguson, Missouri. I enjoyed the architecture of the old buildings and the people were friendly and the food was great. If you make judgments based on what you see on television, you are wrong.

Then there's Florida.....

Yep. Having lived in all four corners of this great country, I believe I have a well balanced view of what defines a ****h01e place to live.

The Northwest, Appalachian portion of North Carolina is heaven on Earth, But the big cities are horrible.

I have enjoyed immensely my time in the Great White North of New York state, but the rest of that state is lost to the idiotic government and I could never live there permanently.

Southern New Jersey is a lovely farmland area, except where there are cities.

California, Oregon and Washington have all been destroyed by their corrupt governments and I don't even like visiting family there any more, despite the scenic wonderland of the Sierra Nevada mountains...

Everything North and East of Virginia is a foreign country...

I am an adopted Texan and will stay here for the rest of my life. That does not mean I will make excuses for those big cities that have been ruined by idiotic policies (again, government.) and I like the heat.

I spent this last week in an area just South of Feguson, Missouri. I enjoyed the architecture of the old buildings and the people were friendly and the food was great. If you make judgments based on what you see on television, you are wrong.

Then there's Florida.....
I love the panhandle of Florida!

....I don't want to be far from my family so I'll stay.
Family can be an important reason to live in a particular locale, or not. My wife and I are very blessed to have good family. Much of her family are close by, and much of mine is within reasonable driving distance (80 miles or less). I like where I live, but family is an important part of that.

On the opposite side of that, my wife has an aunt and uncle who left upstate NY a few decades ago to get away from difficult family. They moved to Merkel, TX and have lived there ever since. They love it there.

You from Gastonia? heheheehehehheehhehehe
Nope. Suburb of Raleigh.

Edit: in all truthfulness, I would move out into a much more rural area if circumstances allowed. I like where I live, but I would like a rural area even better.

Nope. Suburb of Raleigh.

Edit: in all truthfulness, I would move out into a much more rural area if circumstances allowed. I like where I live, but I would like a rural area even better.

Being a Techie and a nerd (LNXGUY is my non-aviation user name), I like Raleigh.

You might as well get used to heat where you are going.
That’s fine. I spent 10 of my 40 years on earth in Texas. My company keeps moving jobs there. Might need a new company. I have no desire to go back. Heck, I still have a storage unit in Dallas so I guess I still own property in Dallas. I went to school in Denton. I plan on flying in from time to time when moving back stateside to get some Beth Marie’s ice cream and eat at Whataburger. I always enjoyed the seafood and TexMex available in Houston. I love Texas food. I hate everything else. I was born in Texas. I married a Texan. But I am certainly not one.

Allergies, primarily. The lack of hangar space is annoying, too. Liberals infesting all levels of government, millions and millions of no-good drifters (including those who steal headsets from your plane if you stop for lunch). Still bets the alternatives, but let's not pretend that Texas is some kind of nirvana.

Most people where I'm from in the Northeast see Texas as a conservative super state. People stealing headsets out of airplanes is discusting. Not alot of drifters in the northeast. Probably has to do with the weather being too cold in the winter lol.

Back