For Sale WTB: Cessna 150M Spinner

buzzard86

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jim R
Anybody know where I can find a suitable used spinner for a ‘76 150M? Mine appears to be damaged beyond repair and I haven’t had any luck at the usual salvage places.

Jim

They are hard to find because they all are cracked, And Cessna wants the left leg of your first born for one.

I just sold the last one I had,$1000.00 for all three pieces.

Try K&K Precision Welding in East Troy WI. 262-642-5003. He has quite an extensive selection of used spinners for sale.

I talked to Kim at K&K yesterday. He initially thought he could repair mine based on the external damage, before I pulled the spinner and realized that internal wear from the bulkhead had caused the crack. Waiting to hear back today if he still thinks it's fixable and/or if he has any replacements in stock.

Only used one I found so far was at Texas Air Salvage but they want $500 and it's banged up and also has similar bad bulkhead wear - not convinced that it wouldn't fail in short order too.

So I'm still looking and unfortunately grounded for the forseeable future. :(

Jim

I talked to Kim at K&K yesterday. He initially thought he could repair mine based on the external damage, before I pulled the spinner and realized that internal wear from the bulkhead had caused the crack. Waiting to hear back today if he still thinks it's fixable and/or if he has any replacements in stock.

Only used one I found so far was at Texas Air Salvage but they want $500 and it's banged up and also has similar bad bulkhead wear - not convinced that it wouldn't fail in short order too.

So I'm still looking and unfortunately grounded for the forseeable future. :(

Jim

Grounded? It's not listed as required equipment in the C150M poh.

^ Really? The assembly on page 6-14 has a -S item number which I thought meant "standard" and therefore required? Would it have to specifically be the -R to be a required item?

I'd be thrilled if I can keep flying while I figure this out.

Jim

^ Really? The assembly on page 6-14 has a -S item number which I thought meant "standard" and therefore required? I'd be thrilled if I can keep flying while I figure this out.

Jim

R means required. Not R is not required.

Owner-produced parts; carbon fibre spinners.
I know a guy who has made a few.

Back