New member old aviator

Welcome aboard!

It sounds like you have some experiences to share. The POA forum can be a crazy bunch at times but overall a good experience and camaraderie.

On age....I see it as just a number, and you have to have a number to play in the game.
Thank you for the welcoming message and I will try to contribute my share to the camaraderie in this forum.
Respectfully yours
Tom

Thank you for welcoming message.

You have a lovely avatar.
Tom
Thanks, it was taken over the Straits of Mackinac. Somewhere down there is the Big Mac bridge, but the picture is too small to really make it out.

Thanks, it was taken over the Straits of Mackinac. Somewhere down there is the Big Mac bridge, but the picture is too small to really make it out.
Thank you for the location's name "Straits of Mackinac" which wasn't known to me. I thought it's somewhere on the Irish coastline
but I looked it up and got to see some nice images in Great Lakes. Even those photos with big chunks of ice floating under the bridge have their own stories to tell.

The age years as a numbers is just counting the wobbling dance of earth around the sun. The heart of an aviator, the spirit of expedition and the never ending urge to find "what's around the next bend" doesn't pay attention to those numbers and keeps us young at heart and soul.

Hello everyone

Thank you for accepting me as a new member.

I'm close to retirement age and I have been a private pilot for almost 3 decades. I got IFR, Multi Engine license and CFI,II (expired by now as many rules have changed) with over 3000 hours as PIC. Most of my hours have been in the good old Navajos (except P) many hours in C-340 and C-414 and C-421 (geared engine a hassle but the 424 is a dream to fly)

I flew mostly for my business in Western destinations as I have been living in Southern California for many years. But I also have many recreational hours and some in Europe years ago (no ferry over Atlantic) just flying with a friend's airplane all over.

I haven't touched a yoke or stick for close to a decade. Getting medical reinstated wouldn't be a problem but I don't see a need or reason as I'm not planning to stretch wings, at least not in foreseeable future.

So, why I'm here. As you know; once an aviator, always one. Even if I'm on the sidelines. I came here to be among my brothers and sisters fellow pilots. Listen to your stories, concerns and happy experiences and hopefully not many sad ones. Not that I don't want to hear them, I just know how unforgiving flying is but I take it all and just jolly to be among you.

Regarding my avatar, it's Lee Marvin, my alltime favorite actor. As s child, I had to beg my older family members to sneak me in to see his movies.

Forgive me for the long post. It has been a while. I hope the Moderators forgive me if I post this in the wrong area please change it at your convenience and discretion. Thank you.
WELCOME!!!!!

Back