Friendly FBOs in San Diego

Rob58

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Rob
Have an upcoming five day trip to San Diego and I'm trying to decide which of the several area airports have the best facilities and best reputation for caring for my pride and joy. Any recommendations or comments based on recent experience would be much appreciated!

Watching these comments as well with a leaning toward KMYF based on proximity to where I'll need to go.

Have an upcoming five day trip to San Diego and I'm trying to decide which of the several area airports have the best facilities and best reputation for caring for my pride and joy. Any recommendations or comments based on recent experience would be much appreciated!
The best? Signature at KSAN. Used them all the time before I moved down here. The FBOs at KMYF kinda suck. Coast is building a new one but it’s not done. Gibbs left me with a lot to be desired after effing up my rental and my fuel.

KSEE is too far out in my opinion.

There’s nothing on par with Signature. Great staff, super friendly, had everything dialed in.

Used Gibbs at KMYF this month. Well, I only needed fuel and one overnight (used self aranged uber)... no complaints.

The best? Signature at KSAN. Used them all the time before I moved down here. The FBOs at KMYF kinda suck. Coast is building a new one but it’s not done. Gibbs left me with a lot to be desired after effing up my rental and my fuel.

I am interested in what happened at Gibbs? MYF is pretty darn convenient...

I am interested in what happened at Gibbs? MYF is pretty darn convenient...

I posted this somewhere else on the forum, but here you go:

The first time I flew down here I flew into MYF. Stayed at Gibbs. Horrible.
They didn't make the rental car reservation for us (even though the email confirmed they did). Headache #1.
They didn't complete the fuel order prior to our departure, meaning we had to wait quite a while until they got to us on their rounds. Headache #2.
Their FBO smelled like bleach so the fam had to wait outside. Headache #3 (a literal headache)

There after I always flew into SAN until we moved here.

Signature always had our rental car waiting. Signature always loaded up the bags from the plane and into the car. Signature always had treats for the dog. Signature always had the plane ready for departure. Signature always had nice clean bathrooms, friendly staff, coffee for me and hot chocolate for the kids.

Other people have had good experiences there I'm sure. But I have not. Unfortunately there's not much to choose from at KMYF. But the field is great, the area is awesome.

There’s nothing on par with Signature. Great staff, super friendly, had everything dialed in.

They should with their $700 facility fees, and as long as your airplane is newer than 2000.

They should with their $700 facility fees, and as long as your airplane is newer than 2000.

Ya know, I tend to go for Atlantic over Signature. But 1) there's no Atlantic at KSAN and 2) The folks at KSAN Signature are really, really great.

And sure, it was sightly more than Gibbs, but they made my life easy.

Back