What is your shortest Cross country?

Runway 9 to runway 27 at SWF. A total of 11,817 feet.
It was faster, and cheaper, than trying to taxi.

That's the same airport though. I've done a runway 12 departure with a runway 27 landing when I had smoke in the cockpit just after rotation.

Well, if you take off runway 04 and circle back and land runway 22 then one could say the distance is zero. I certainly done that practicing crosswind landings in the Luscombe. Take off one way and land immediately after the other way. Grass strips at F45 and X51 that I was the only one using. Done it many times practicing impossible turns in conventional aircraft. I'm sure most of us have.

KSTP to KSGS: 4.8nm. Right up next to the KMSP Bravo surface column.

That's the same airport though. I've done a runway 12 departure with a runway 27 landing when I had smoke in the cockpit just after rotation.

I was just starting my takeoff roll when the tower asked if I could go to the ANG hanger and pick up my XO.
I just held it off the ground until I reached the end, touched down and turned into the ANG ramp.
Then I had to taxi back.
I asked for a mid-field departure.

Only criteria is departure and arrival airports cannot be the same airport.

I'll add this from the other thread too :D
1. Must have been PIC and sole manipulator of controls
2. No layovers except for fuel
3. Personal flight (non-commercial)

Huh... I was about to mention the very short cross country I saw you and Mrs. @SixPapaCharlie embark on:

...but then I realized that the "sole manipulator of controls" doesn't count. It seems like you both took turns flying, kind of.

By the way... nice karate chop! Weird seating arrangement, you probably should have questioned it. I know, I know, hindsight and all that.

KGON to 0B8
Groton to Fishers island is about 5 miles and over water.

Shortest scheduled airline route:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westray_to_Papa_Westray_flight
"The Loganair Westray to Papa Westray route is the shortest scheduled passenger flight in the world. Flights on this route are scheduled for one and a half minutes, and actual flying time is closer to one minute. The record for the fastest flight is 53 seconds. The route is flown by Loganair, a Scottish regional airline that serves Scotland's Highlands and islands."

Back