• h20-10x

Results are only viewable after voting.

Logan W

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
LW22
Just wanted any opinions on these two sets? Thanks

Years ago, my wife bought me, at a pilot's friend's suggestion, the H20-10 set as a gift after my first solo flight. That was more than ten years ago. They still work well and are comfortable, but there's a couple issues. The volume adjustment binds now and is difficult to turn and the mic boom doesn't stay in place... it constantly droops. Both minor, but a little annoying. The REAL reason i wish I had an H10 series set is because there are aftermarket ANR modules you can easily install yourself in those and end up with a great set of very quiet cans on the cheap. The H20 series has to be sent in to headsetsinc.com for ANR installation, per their website..

"David Clark: The M-001-A fits all the H10-XX series.The H20-10 requires factory installation and longer installation time(no rush orders)"

At some point in the near future, I'll probably end up buying an ANR set of some kind and the DC set will become a nice spare for passenger use. Between the two models you mentioned, my preference would be the H10 . Both are good.

Years ago, my wife bought me, at a pilot's friend's suggestion, the H20-10 set as a gift after my first solo flight. That was more than ten years ago. They still work well and are comfortable, but there's a couple issues. The volume adjustment binds now and is difficult to turn and the mic boom doesn't stay in place... it constantly droops. Both minor, but a little annoying. The REAL reason i wish I had an H10 series set is because there are aftermarket ANR modules you can easily install yourself in those and end up with a great set of very quiet cans on the cheap. The H20 series has to be sent in to headsetsinc.com for ANR installation, per their website..

"David Clark: The M-001-A fits all the H10-XX series.The H20-10 requires factory installation and longer installation time(no rush orders)"

At some point in the near future, I'll probably end up buying an ANR set of some kind and the DC set will become a nice spare for passenger use. Between the two models you mentioned, my preference would be the H10 . Both are good.
If you’re happy with DC’s, you might think about an Oregon Aero Hush Kit before spending the money on ANR.

If you’re happy with DC’s, you might think about an Oregon Aero Hush Kit before spending the money on ANR.
Thanks...wasn't aware of their upgrades. Looks very interesting....for the $63, sure seems worth a shot. Of course, the h20-10 kit is out of stock...must have an adsb out component... ;)

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

Way back when, I had both the 20-10 and the 10-13.4. I thought the 20-10 was more comfortable and it was the one I grabbed most. It weighs more but the gel filled ear seals and the headband pad were more comfortable IMO. One thing to remember is the 20-10 headband sticks up higher than a lot of other headsets. If you're tall and flying something that doesn't have a ton of headroom, the extra height could be an issue.

I stopped using the 20-10 after I upgraded my 10-13's with an ANR kit. I stopped using the 10-13's when I got my first Lightspeeds. I liked my Dave Clarks but I don't think I'd buy them again. You get more for your money from Lightspeed IMO.

Thanks...wasn't aware of their upgrades. Looks very interesting....for the $63, sure seems worth a shot. Of course, the h20-10 kit is out of stock...must have an adsb out component... ;)

I disagree! The David Clark gel seals are quiet and comfy. The hard leathers Oregon Aero seals are horrible! I did lots of testing in the past trying to quiet a really loud aerobatic plane. The David Clark gel seals were way quieter than the Oregon Aero. The OE look like crap also!
The 10-13X and 20-10X are not good. You are better off with the standard non anr DC... Either the H10-13.4 or the H20-10
I can hook you up with Lightspeeds if you need a good ANR.

The 10-13X are okay, but mine had a really bulky battery pack inline. I didn't like that so much.

The 10-13X are okay, but mine had a really bulky battery pack inline. I didn't like that so much.

The testing I did with the DC X's way back were not to good. When you turn the ANR on the tone would change but the sound didn't get any quieter. The Headsets Inc ANR kit for David Clark's works way better than the X models.

The Oregon Aero seals are CERTAINLY not leather, and are much more comfortable than stock Bose.

Oh sorry.. Synthetic leather or in other words fake leather. This is from OE site....
We were talking about the crappy DC stuff they make on this thread, not the Bose earseals.
B - SoftSeal® Ear Cushions

Oregon Aero’s SoftSeal Ear Cushions have more internal space than stock cushions. Cushions are designed to fit over your ears instead of crushing them flat. Pressure and temperature-sensitive visco-elastic form core conforms to the shape of your head forming a tight seal—even if you wear glasses and earrings. Foam cores are covered in comfy and durable synthetic leather material. SoftSeal Ear Cushions are easy to install with included adhesive rings, flanges, or snap-on mounts. The type of mount varies with the headset model.

Back