Flying into Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International

Martin Pauly

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Martin Pauly
Copilot Beckey and I recently went to South Florida for some much needed warm weather and sunshine. My latest video shows the landing in our Bonanza at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International airport. I had previously landed at Miami International; and while KFLL is not in Class Bravo airspace, it is pretty big and busy - which for me translates to exciting. By the way, my goal is still to fly to every Class Bravo airport in the lower 48.

Copilot Beckey and I recently went to South Florida for some much needed warm weather and sunshine. My latest video shows the landing in our Bonanza at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International airport. I had previously landed at Miami International; and while KFLL is not in Class Bravo airspace, it is pretty big and busy - which for me translates to exciting. By the way, my goal is still to fly to every Class Bravo airport in the lower 48.

Which ones have you been to so far? From what I hear you are going to write a big check to do LAX

Wish you luck ,I have done several, getting to expensive to do the big airports. My bucket list is to land in all states in the US.

Which ones have you been to so far? From what I hear you are going to write a big check to do LAX
Going from memory here, I've been to ORD, MSP, JFK, SFO, DFW, STL, MCI, MIA, TPA, ATL, and BOS. So there are quite a few left to go.

- Martin

Thirty-five class Bravo airports in the lower 48. That leaves 24 to go. Miramar MCAS and Andrews AFB are listed as Class B (Wiki), so being fair to take those off of the list brings you to 22. I expect Raleigh, NC (KRDU) to become a class B in the future. You are one third of the way there!

BTW, There are 122 class C airports (Wiki).

Last edited:
For Hawaii ,take a vacation and rent a plane.

The $150 check for LAX is less than the check for BOS, though part of that is because I think Martin bought a little gas there. LAX has no AvGas, so no worries for that one :p.

Thirty-five class Bravo airports in the lower 48. That leaves 24 to go. Miramar MCAS and Andrews AFB are listed as Class B (Wiki), so being fair to take those off of the list brings you to 22. I expect Raleigh, NC (KRDU) to become a class B in the future. You are one third of the way there!

BTW, There are 122 class C airports (Wiki).

Also, forget about KDCA. The only GA that gets to go there are corporate jets that register and jump through hoops. KIAD and KBWI are doable though.

Its a shame too, because DCA has the best visual approach left (River Visual to 19), Outside the Parkway Visual Visual to 13L/R for JFK and Expressway Visual to 31 for LGA. Although I doubt they put GA onto those...

Back