For Sale A Tri-Pacer Project

That’s not even worth scrap.... get a back hoe and make it go away.... he is bucking knuts.....$8k? More like &8 bucks and I want a big gulp and hot dog to go with it

People with project airplanes these days don’t seem to have really looked at the prices to bring them back to airworthy, vs the cost of a currently airworthy aircraft. It’s sad, but unless it’s a labor of love, basically a LOT cheaper to buy a flyer.

It’s only worth maybe $3500 which is the engine core value. A pristine tripacer only goes for 30k.

People with project airplanes these days don’t seem to have really looked at the prices to bring them back to airworthy, vs the cost of a currently airworthy aircraft. It’s sad, but unless it’s a labor of love, basically a LOT cheaper to buy a flyer.

More often than not a project plane is only worth the money if it’s extremely rare, or is a working class plane that can bring big bucks like a 206, 185, super cub.

If I got it real cheap I wouldn't be afraid of it as a project, but I'm a mechanic. The average dude is faced with a big bill just for the fabric, never mind all the other stuff that has deteriorated over time. The real concern would be whether the guy has been ground-running it "to circulate the oil." If so, it will be worth nothing at all. Internal corrosion would be awesome.

People can ask whatever they want, don’t think the market will even entertain his asking price.

I paid 10k for my project pacer 5 or so year ago. But it was in THIS condition.
03775e93c0716700db3a38cb396399cc.jpg

Back