Doughnuts in a plane??!!

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
stumbled across this gem recently. This can’t be good for a plan can it???

Depends what the plan is to begin with. If donuts in an airplane is what you planned, then its a good plan. If it wasn't, well then its a bad plan

Que the FAA for reckless operation certificate action. Ask Trent Palmer if they are serious......

Sometimes I like to see how close I can get my fingers to the blade of my running food processor....

Well at least the portion on the ground can’t be any cause for concern. Since you don’t even need a certificate to taxi an airplane we could start a non-pilot airplane doughnut competition.

Reckless piloting. JHC I can’t think that’s good for the friggin gear!

Krispy Kremes are good anywhere, anytime.

Oh, it ain't that kinda donut?

Krispy Kremes are not donuts. They're concentrated sugar bombs, nothing more.

Cool video, notwithstanding legality or risk BS.

Did he fly under a drone in the takeoff scene? That was a cool effect. Then the overhead shot of the donuts.

WTF is a cookie? I’m old, don’t know the jargon.

Did he fly under a drone in the takeoff scene? That was a cool effect. Then the overhead shot of the donuts.

Cookies are baked. Donuts are fried. Both are good!

When it comes to cars and planes, I have no idea what a cookie is. But my computer is full of them . . . .

When it comes to cars and planes, I have no idea what a cookie is. But my computer is full of them . . . .

Crack dealers know what cookies are....:nono:

Reckless piloting. JHC I can’t think that’s good for the friggin gear!

Seemed pretty good at handling his plane. He skillfully put that plane exactly where he wanted/needed to. I thought it was cool, in that sense.

Is it really reckless? Skilled pilot at the stick of a plane designed and equipped to land off airport. As long as we have planes, bikes, cars, boats, we'll have operators pushing limits and doing stunts. I don't see it as a bad thing, as long as the people who don't have the skills just stick to watching the videos.

One of those guys that makes me think 10%. If he put just 10% of that time and effort into something worthwhile.... :rolleyes:

One of those guys that makes me think 10%. If he put just 10% of that time and effort into something worthwhile.... :rolleyes:
Like promoting aviation? We always bemoan that young people aren't attracted to aviation, and a large part of that problem is that from the outside, a lot of point to point GA just looks boring, and I wouldn't disagree. This guy's videos (he has quite a few) make flying look fun.

Like promoting aviation? We always bemoan that young people aren't attracted to aviation, and a large part of that problem is that from the outside, a lot of point to point GA just looks boring, and I wouldn't disagree. This guy's videos (he has quite a few) make flying look fun.
By doing things that most people probably shouldn’t.

]a lot of point to point GA just looks boring, and I wouldn't disagree.
That's because it is boring. And its supposed to be. If doing tricks like this in the snow is what a person needs to get their blood flowing, they're probably not going to be very satisfied with GA. So doing things like this as a way to attract new pilots does us no favors IMO.

But I don't really think trying to attract new pilots is what that guy is about. The only thing he's trying to promote is his own yt channel. There's nothing wrong with that, more power to him. But don't I don't buy that he was dreaming of how many kids will go out and start taking flying lessons when he produced that video.

No, I'm sure that interesting new pilots wasn't why he made the video. But if it, or better yet, his other (not quite as silly) videos make some young person think that flying could be cool, that's a good thing.

I’m kind of with JH on this one. If you don’t already think flying is cool I don’t really care if you become a pilot. If you have to do this kind of stuff to enjoy it I’d probably rather you didn’t.

Que the FAA for reckless operation certificate action. Ask Trent Palmer if they are serious......

Yup. Exactly. This guys gonna get violated if he didn't do his homework, dot his i's and cross his t's.

Had a brake failure once and did that involuntarily! Tailwheel was still attached afterward, but mangled....

As a risk management guy...wonder who is the hull/physical damage carrier on car/plane...but that’s just me...

Donuts can be baked!
1t7J0Ws.jpg

Now I just need an airplane...

I thought the drone overfly looked pretty cool.

Back