What airport is this?

Rgbeard

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rgbeard
From BoldMethod.

I love the image. Looks like a great place. I'd just like to know where it is.

I emailed BoldMethod, but received no answer for over a week now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 5.53.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 5.53.18 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 231
Dang it!!
Anyways I googled mountain airports boldmethod and it pretty much popped up.

Cliff on each end with minimal overruns, I was going to guess "any commercial service airport in West Virginia"

That's the same airport picture as my profile image!

KTEX!
Landed there in the Cirrus for some skiing this past December. Really cool little airport

One of the few places I have zero problem paying their landing fees! I wish every airport had their services together like KTEX, being able to plug in the engine heater at every tie-down is fantastic in the winter. I've been flying there for many years, and always had a great experience.

They are also cool with landings in the safety area (grass/gravel) on south side of the runway, if you inform them ahead of time, and one of the line guys will take you for a golf cart ride to check out the LZ if you ask. That is a really nice gesture to those of us with $4000 bushwheels haha, especially considering the treatment small aircraft get at alot of other rich and famous destinations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true if you're staying a while, but we just stopped by on a training flight and got charged for being there for 5 minutes.

I first thought Placerville, CA, but the trees are too short!

Yeah, it seems that one of the main reasons they charge fees for each landing is to avoid training flights. Being so close to town, noise abatement is a real issue there, and they supposedly get multiple calls every vfr day from local fruit loops complaining about aircraft noise...not every airport is a good place for training IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back