New Co-Pilot

SoonerAviator

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
SoonerAviator
Got myself slapped with another 18-to-life sentence! Jackson came a few weeks earlier than expected but mom and baby are doing well. Wife decorated the nursery in an aviation theme of her own accord, so apparently she’s prepping the boy for a life of looking up every time a plane flies over.

b7195cadd61bba68427bcc1ab3047400.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!

I thought I saw the POA membership total tick up another notch ;)

Yeah, if you see a bunch of posts from a new member talking about drinking until they passed out and poo’d themselves, that’s him. If those posts come from an established member, it’s probably just @SixPapaCharlie lol

Got myself slapped with another 18-to-life sentence! Jackson came a few weeks earlier than expected but mom and baby are doing well. Wife decorated the nursery in an aviation theme of her own accord, so apparently she’s prepping the boy for a life of looking up every time a plane flies over.

Congrats!!!!

Does he have his BFR and a valid medical? Making sure he is legal for SIC.

Fine looking kid. My best to you and your family.

Thanks all! We’re pretty happy with the little guy, and his 2.5yr old sister is doing a pretty good job pointing out airplanes and helicopters as well.

On a side note, when my father-in-law came to visit in the hospital, he asked me for list of aircraft he might be able to buy for $80-100K, lol. It’s the second time he’s brought it up in a year, so I might humor him this time and see what comes of it. A PA24/32, V35, or similar might be in the future if I convince him he wouldn’t lose money on the purchase cost.

Congratulations. Of the roles we play in life, fatherhood (and motherhood) may be the most important! Good luck and best wishes.

Congrats!

Get him a class 3 before you take him home so Basic Med will be an option later on, if needed. :)

When can you fly him home?

He wanted to know if milk addiction and incontinence require a special issuance for the medical?!

We’ve all landed at home base, and getting used to the 2-3hr feeding schedule again. His big sister is doing a good job of being gentle and not getting too concerned about his noises/cries.

Being around pilots/aviation as a kid with my grandmother/uncles/father is what lit the fire for me as a youngster.
Same here.. Have a picture of me around 3 years old, sitting on the tire of a P40 at CRQ. Grand dad was HUGE into R/C planes..

Same here.. Have a picture of me around 3 years old, sitting on the tire of a P40 at CRQ. Grand dad was HUGE into R/C planes..
Grandmother had a C172 nicknamed the "mama bird". We used to attend the annual biplane fly-in at KBVO (Bartlesville, OK) which was pretty popular a few decades ago. I still remember my uncle flying some oil execs into a conference in a King Air and him letting me come play around up front with him. A second uncle flew F4s doing recon work during Vietnam and some AF2 work during the Reagan administration. He gifted me all sorts of aviation literature, one of his old flight helmets, squadron patches, etc. It's amazing how much that kind of stuff sticks with you.

Grandmother had a C172 nicknamed the "mama bird". We used to attend the annual biplane fly-in at KBVO (Bartlesville, OK) which was pretty popular a few decades ago. I still remember my uncle flying some oil execs into a conference in a King Air and him letting me come play around up front with him. A second uncle flew F4s doing recon work during Vietnam and some AF2 work during the Reagan administration. He gifted me all sorts of aviation literature, one of his old flight helmets, squadron patches, etc. It's amazing how much that kind of stuff sticks with you.
That is AWESOME!

If we start getting a lot of posts from you that don't make sense, we'll understand in that you're sleep deprived. Congrats!

I just saw your post about your new addition, CONGRATULATIONS!! You have a great looking kid there and you need to hold onto that wife! :)

I just saw your post about your new addition, CONGRATULATIONS!! You have a great looking kid there and you need to hold onto that wife! :)

Thanks a bunch! The wife has already explained that there’s no way out of this marriage that doesn’t involve my death, so I think I’m in it for the long haul!

Back