Ted the celebrity

Wow, that is cool! So glad to see a dog reunited with its family. I was wondering where in Colorado they found her, and then noticed it was Hugo. I was flying out to Limon a few times during my solos over the past few weeks, and happened to fly over Hugo coming back one day. There isn't much there. If that dog could talk, it sure would be interesting to know how she ended up going from Florida all the way to Hugo, Colorado!

Cool! I had no problem reading it with an ad blocker turned on.

You can see a video on Ted's Cloud Nine Rescue Flights Facebook page. I do notice that they mention another organization, and not Ted's, in the article.

You can see a video on Ted's Cloud Nine Rescue Flights Facebook page. I do notice that they mention another organization, and not Ted's, in the article.

Yes. Wings of Rescue (who we partner with on most of our transports these days) organized the trip. They actually gave us/me credit on their Facebook page, but the media is typically pretty poor about sharing credit.

Cedar was a really sweet dog. A WoR volunteer drove the dog from Colorado to my house on Friday, she spent the night with us and then I flew her out on Saturday. Well behaved and she quickly realized I liked dogs. This was the first time I'd seen a dog reunited with a family after so long, and it was incredible to see the reaction on both sides. She was shocked at first, and then very happy. When she realized she was going back home with her family she came up and jumped on me to give me a hug and some licks.

It was definitely one of the coolest transports I've done. Oh, and what they left out was that I also flew another 30 dogs from Texas at the same time. :)

Would have been nice if the charity that accomplished it - Cloud Nine Rescue Flights - had gotten a little credit...

As I said above, it was organized by Wings of Rescue and we partnered on the trip. WoR is great about sharing credit. The media, not so much.

I was glad to do the trip. Now the MU-2 is dropped off for a whole ton of inspections and an ADS-B out/WAAS upgrade. We'll see how that works out...

Never thought I would have to look at @Ted DuPuis before my morning coffee.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/...reunited-with-florida-family-after-2017-theft

I hope our local rag doesn't enforce a paywall, and that the ads aren't too intrusive.

Oh, and to respond to John's initial thread title in Hangar Talk (I merged the threads since there were two already), I'm no hero. As I told AOPA long ago "I'm just a guy with a plane." And technically I don't even own the plane anymore, back then I at least owned the Aztec. Now I'm just responsible for whatever cost overages Cloud Nine can't afford for the maintenance inspection I dropped it off for. I'm expecting a pretty big cost delta there between what the bill is and what Cloud Nine has in the bank account, which I'm not looking forward to...

NO Way I am clicking on a link to "Trib Live"... (until after work)

Seriously though. Very Cool Ted!

Reactions: Ted
NO Way I am clicking on a link to "Trib Live"... (until after work)
LOL! As long as I've been reading the rag from back home I never made that correlation, and my mind lives pretty deep in the gutter.

When she realized she was going back home with her family she came up and jumped on me to give me a hug and some licks.
Isn't that something about dogs? They never seem to forget and they always show their gratitude. I had a dog do the same to me after I picked him up on a four lane where he was lost and stopping traffic. After I tracked down the owner and he came to recover his dog, before he jumped into the back seat he turned around, came over to me and jumped against my legs and licked my hand. How anyone can mistreat our friends is beyond me.

The story and photo are on page 3 of today's Dallas Morning News.

Very nice.

Reactions: Ted
Back