DTOPS DECAL-huge delay. Is confirmation good enough to go to Canada ?

Joegoersch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JoeGoersch
I ordered a decal from DTOPS so I could fly from the US to Canada. I never received it in the mail so I tried calling and they say that because of partial government shutdown they are only taking voicemails.

I went back online and my order status is still listed as "Fulfillment Initiated" which means they took my money but haven't mailed out the decal yet.

Any idea how long it takes ? Can I fly to Canada with just this "proof of purchase" ?

I ordered mid November 2018 and received my decal mid February 2019. Prior years was 2 to 4 weeks.

Never tried with just proof of purchase. I don't believe that will work. Missing the unique code on the issued decal. Someone else might have further info on this.

I believe if you have the receipt you are good, but don't quote me on that. I ordered mine the first week of January, and just received it like 2 weeks ago. Most of the folks I've heard from that say the receipt is good are heading to the Bahamas, so things may be a little different there.

Contact Canada FAA or whatever its called.

Proof of purchase should work fine. It did for me when I went to Mexico. The receipt should have a unique reference number that I put in to EAPIS.

Contact Canada FAA or whatever its called.

The Canadians couldn’t care less about the sticker. You’re essentially paying for the services of the US CBP when you return.

It is only for the US and when I crossed, they didn't even notice my old one. I offered the receipt for the new one and they were happy just with the fact that I had it.

The receipt should have a unique reference number that I put in to EAPIS.

Yep, that’s all you need. Or you could log into DTOPS and get the number there.

I can’t think of a single customs agent that I’ve dealt with that ever actually looked at the sticker or even checked to see if it was there. More times than not I’ve had the sticker and it was placed per the guidelines but I have gone and come back with only the receipt.

Another tax dressed up as a fee.....

How do ya like that airplanes have to land, dump the plane out and get X-rays but a boater gets to call in and say nope, nothing to declare.

I just don’t get it....

Back