Installing new plastic from Piper plastics

av8tr

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jurgen
Hi there, just purchased an all new plastic panel for our 86 Piper Warrior. All of the plastic is from Plane plastic. All of the panel fit great and installed easily except for the pieces around the yolks.
The yolks were removed during the annual this week so I thought it would be a great time to install the new panel...everything was easy until we tried install the lower plastic pieces that fit around the yolk and gas gauges on the pilot side and the yolk and defroster switches on the passenger side.
I know that these pieces are supposed to fit into the upper and lower rails provided on the panel.
However it appears that the original pieces by Piper are constructed of thinner plastic that the new stuff and don't bend very well. I was so close to get the passenger side into the rails but when I got to the area around the yolk I just could bend the plastic enough to get it into the rails...

Please help any ideas would be welcome...

Cheers and keep the shinny side up..

I do like my yolks shinny side up.....

Apologies....couldn't resist. I regret that I have no helpful input on the matter.

Maybe try a little heat from a hair dryer.
Also if the plastic isn't fitting in the track very well sand the backside so it fits better.

Back