Mounting the stratux

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
I've had the stratux velcro'd to the pilot-side window post on the cherokee, and it's beginning to annoy me. Don't want it on the glareshield, either. I've got an extra RAM suction mount and short arm but now I need something to hold the stratux. The X-grip arms aren't long enough. The stratux in the case with the tiny USB SDRs is 6.5 x 2.5 x 1.25. So far, nothing on the RAM page fits. Anyone got any other ideas? Right now it's velcro'd to the back window, and I have a feeling that's where it's going to stay.

I have mine on the hat shelf in a Mooney. Works good. Ran a wire back there so it comes on with the master. Would probably work good in the back of a Cherokee.

Stratux here, so not the same, but I have mine sitting on top of a closed top bucket in the baggage compartment (bucket holds chocks, oil, etc and acts as a step stool to check fuel). I have some non-slip material on top so it stays put.

I now have IN permanently installed in both planes, but when I was using the Stratux, I had the Stratux box, a USB battery, and antenna velcroed to a small, flat piece of plastic with cables neatly tie wrapped. I could easily move it from the package tray of one plane to the other. I have since given it to a friend or I would post a picture.

I had removed an ADF and a Loran way back so I had 2 empty trays. I velcroed it inside the tray and use the longer remote antennas suction cupped to the side windscreen glass. There's a large Ipad pro mounted in front of the empty trays. Basically, nothing to keep you from mounting it remotely as long as you have antenna exposure.

Back