San Diego tips?

Yeah, that's not the experience of most I know, and certainly not my experience dealing with them daily.

Ok well it was my experience. And their FBO is still straight from the 60s. Glad I don’t have to deal with them daily.

I can’t wait for Coast to get theirs built. The plans are glorious.

In N Out, What a Burger, 5 Guys... You can get a chain restaurant burger in lots of different places. If you’re in San Diego, go to Hodad’s and get a local special burger. There’s one downtown near the Gas Lamp Quarter, but I’d suggest the one on Newport Ave near the beach. And order the onion rings, you won’t be disappointed.

Ok well it was my experience. And their FBO is still straight from the 60s. Glad I don’t have to deal with them daily.

I can’t wait for Coast to get theirs built. The plans are glorious.

If you understood how crappy their situation is, you'd probably be a bit more empathetic. The City has had them on a month to month for more than 20 years, with no investment, and won't do anything about it. If the City would just give them a long term, inexpensive lease in exchange for a couple million dollar investment, things would change quickly.

Coast's looks nice, though a lot of affordable hangars are going away because of it.

If you understood how crappy their situation is, you'd probably be a bit more empathetic. The City has had them on a month to month for more than 20 years, with no investment, and won't do anything about it. If the City would just give them a long term, inexpensive lease in exchange for a couple million dollar investment, things would change quickly.

Coast's looks nice, though a lot of affordable hangars are going away because of it.
Yikes

Forget burgers - you're in San Diego! Go to a hole-in-the-wall Roberto's, Aliberto's, etc., and get a carne asada burrito and chips and guacamole!

Might do, definitely... but, I am coming from Tucson; we have lots of great carne asada et al here too. :)

Bubba, I'll give you that Tucson has good Mexican food, but no US city has better Mexican food than San Diego. The advice of going to one of the various "-berto's" is solid. My favorite, however, is D'Soto's on Miramar Road.

Forget burgers - you're in San Diego! Go to a hole-in-the-wall Roberto's, Aliberto's, etc., and get a carne asada burrito and chips and guacamole!

That was my M.O. when I lived there ... find the most recent Church's Chicken converted to the latest "...erto's" and go for the carne asada burrito.

Kansas City BBQ. Top Gun baby! Well, I guess the only thing left is the piano. :(

Lol, I live around the corner and never go there. Lots of photos, but subpar beer and food. I've only gone once when a pilot buddy from the UK visited .

The beer is fine. Hey they have a Red Trolley. Love that stuff. But the staff is awesome. Need to go when Chris “Coffee” or Melissa are working. They’re awesome. I wore a fighter pilot helmet (not the maverick helmet) and went behind the bar. :) The locals that hang there are awesome.

I hosted a company party there and they were great.

Lol, I live around the corner and never go there. Lots of photos, but subpar beer and food. I've only gone once when a pilot buddy from the UK visited .

I went in 99 before she burned and still had all the Top Gun memorabilia still up. Couldn’t believe how small it was. Everything looks bigger in movies I guess. Don’t recall the food being anything special either.

Pretty good eh? It’s a treat for us who live on the wrong side of the country. I could go for one right now........

One of the 1st things I do when I get to Cali is look for an In-n-Out. Double double animal style please!

Back