looking for a CFI in Kansas City Area

Frostyline

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Frostyline
Hi, Trying to find a CFI who has at least 1500 hours, 500 in multi, and 50 with Cessna 340 (This is an open pilot requirement by insurance. If I add the CFI as one named pilot covered by insurance, they can waive the 50 hours time with 340) in Kansas City Area for my multi rating training. The plane will be located at KOJC. Plan to have 50 hours dual time. send a message to me if you are interested. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi, Trying to find a CFI who has at least 1500 hours, 500 in multi, and 50 with Cessna 340 (required by insurance) in Kansas City Area for my multi rating training. The plane will be located at KOJC. Plan to have 50 hours dual time. send a message to me if you are interested. Thank you!
Good luck.

Are you part of the KC Aviators Facebook group? Might have some luck there, lots of very local activity. You might also talk to Ted DuPuis (an admin here), but I don't know if he's got the 340 time.

Are you part of the KC Aviators Facebook group? Might have some luck there, lots of very local activity. You might also talk to Ted DuPuis (an admin here), but I don't know if he's got the 340 time.
No I am not. just send a request to join the group. Thank you for that information! Talked to the insurance company that can waive the requirement of CFI having 50 hours with 340 if I have that single CFI as instructor for the total 50 hours dual time.

Contact Ron Albertson at KCAC, I think, at OJC. I think he may de able to help you out with a suggestion if nothing else.

Sorry if I sounded a little snarky above. It’s just that the insurance companies seem to have more control over these things than the FAA does.

Contact Ron Albertson at KCAC, I think, at OJC. I think he may de able to help you out with a suggestion if nothing else.

Sorry if I sounded a little snarky above. It’s just that the insurance companies seem to have more control over these things than the FAA does.

Ron is a great guy (though KCAC doesn't have a flight school anymore, so he doesn't spend much time around there these days). Ron won't do this kind of work, but he'll know who can help.

Yes, I would call Ron as well. He would know if anyone local meets these requirements that is actively instructing.

Back