Frustration in Registering a Plane

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
I've now owned my plane since July of last year. It's still not registered in my name!!

The first time I sent my paperwork in, they sent it back saying there was a mistake on it. I called them and reviewed it... they couldn't tell me what was wrong with it. I sent it back in.

I noticed it was taking a long time to process, so I called them again. This time they told me they lost my paperwork! Of course they didn't lose the check I sent, they cashed it.

I sent a new set of paperwork in and then the government shut down, so I lost even more time. Still, it seemed like it was taking way too long. Finally I got a letter saying I needed to submit a Bill of Sale. What??? It was included in the same envelope as the rest of the paperwork. I filled out the one they included 'for my convenience' and sent it in again.

Guess what happens next... I got a letter saying I needed to fill out a Bill of Sale and send it in.

This time I'm furious. I called them this morning. She says that all they need is a Bill of Sale and they can finish it up for me. I told her this would be the third time. To her credit, she took the time to review it. It seems the owner I bought it from had it registered under an LLC, but put his own name on the Bill of Sale.

I thanked her for helping me, but I also told her it was frustrating that not once did they say the Bill of Sale was filled out incorrectly, but just kept telling me to send one in. Hopefully this solves it. I just want it in my name so I can sell it!!

I've now owned my plane since July of last year. It's still not registered in my name!!

The first time I sent my paperwork in, they sent it back saying there was a mistake on it. I called them and reviewed it... they couldn't tell me what was wrong with it. I sent it back in.

I noticed it was taking a long time to process, so I called them again. This time they told me they lost my paperwork! Of course they didn't lose the check I sent, they cashed it.

I sent a new set of paperwork in and then the government shut down, so I lost even more time. Still, it seemed like it was taking way too long. Finally I got a letter saying I needed to submit a Bill of Sale. What??? It was included in the same envelope as the rest of the paperwork. I filled out the one they included 'for my convenience' and sent it in again.

Guess what happens next... I got a letter saying I needed to fill out a Bill of Sale and send it in.

This time I'm furious. I called them this morning. She says that all they need is a Bill of Sale and they can finish it up for me. I told her this would be the third time. To her credit, she took the time to review it. It seems the owner I bought it from had it registered under an LLC, but put his own name on the Bill of Sale.

I thanked her for helping me, but I also told her it was frustrating that not once did they say the Bill of Sale was filled out incorrectly, but just kept telling me to send one in. Hopefully this solves it. I just want it in my name so I can sell it!!

Been There Done That. Exact Same Issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sent mine back because about 1/64” of my signature was above the signature box...

Lol! Same thing happened to me. Sent it back one time because my signature was just outside the box.

Only time I’ve ever sent out a service complaint on anything, was that time. It was respectful but I made sure that I conveyed my displeasure in their red tape BS. Of course they never replied back to my rant.

Ah, the world of self-help aircraft registrations. You are not alone. This is incredibly common.

Back