How do you guys manage to fit into Icon A5?

zaitcev

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Pete Zaitcev
I flew out to Addison, TX (KADS) today, where they had Icon A5 exhibited, and the salesman let me sit in it. Imagine my surprise when I found no way to fit: there's a noticeable control interference against my right thigh. Aileron deflection to the right jams my thigh against the center console.

I had something similar happen in Remos GX, but in that airplane it's possible scoot way forward and let the stick go under the right knee. Or, I can twist my right foot out and fly like that for a short time - just enough for a crosswind landing. In the A5 - no luck. There's no way to adjust my legs to resolve the problem.

Very strange. It's not like I'm a giant lard-butt. Although perhaps I'm flattering myself?

p03.800.jpg

P.S. My height is 6'5", inseam 36". I'm taller than most people but not as tall as some of the pro athletes who are prime customers for this airplane.

Last edited:
What's your height? I'm a tall guy and thought it looked tight. Didnt get to sit in it though. I will say that my knee can hit the new SIDE stick on the gulfstream 600.

Back