Rough River Kentucky Fly-in 2019 - April 26-28

22 days!!!!!

(until my wife and I share a cabin with @eman1200 ) which shouldn't be weird at all right?

Sounds like they are slingers...

286f2_0000.png

Yeah, but it is potentially a big hardship for the hotel if they allow last minute cancellations for the weather. They could get socked in and then see 3/4 or more of their reservations for the weekend cancel with no way to make up for it.
Then maybe they shouldn't have a place with an airstrip and advertise to pilots as a great place to fly into.

Or maybe not next to one with no instrument approaches. I was going to make a comment about slacker VFR-only pilots, but then checked and saw there are no approaches at 2I3, so ....

22 days!!!!!

(until my wife and I share a cabin with @eman1200 ) which shouldn't be weird at all right?

Hashtag Counting Down.

be afraid. be very afraid. not so much you as Eren. and not so much afraid as excited. come to think of it I don't know what I'm saying. can't wait. see all you hooligans there in a coupl'a weeks. bring beer. skyrys, behave. okie, don't behave. oh man I hope I don't puke. yaaaayyyyyy Kentucky!

Damn. Now it looks like I will most likely not be going. I’ll be on a business trip and will not get back home until Saturday sometime and I have to be at work Monday morning. So there’ll be a room in the lodge opening up once I do cancel.

Just to check - everyone has a cottage or room, right? just read that the campground is closed.

Here I start thinking I can do a last minute trip. Nope, no rooms at the inn.

Just to check - everyone has a cottage or room, right? just read that the campground is closed.

Here I start thinking I can do a last minute trip. Nope, no rooms at the inn.

there should be one when skydog cancels his reservation and 3 days before I have a hotel room booked that I'm going to cancel so there are at least 2 that should open up. you can coordinate with either skydog or myself.

Let me check the time at work - it is a busy time, but time off is needed.

I'm not sure which news is worse... @eman1200 is right OR I'm canceling.

Starting a new project that week and starting with 'I need two 3 day weeks at the get-go doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

My plane was dropped off for annual/upgrades right after Sun n Fun so here's hoping they get her done in time for the event...still have my cabin!

There are no places around that area open for camping...or RV hookups either.
@tmyers and Jeanette are parking over at Axtel campground.

That's a heckuva swim!

data=aBodhuhNIGlPwcgtPQBHAVS9QtwX-MDx-6sCtW80YXeQ2wA-q8eE8U6ds3WXvL4fSGTrGtyh1_HjXVB8Jg35ZtbdLeeOzVbFJhtQX_D2vZW8FUff-gYZux7zC0suYfi1SlrE3aX5vufJV8E3IRAztrVHjnea5BndUez_008ZiyDDU3Zh7jURppYpKnJfn4wBGxpu-xXpu_ZWzqjKEHQ5_CIyTsJ1Nuvz2-fFGMqTkKljR7p_0h1NWrv9maF4CXlvshjR02yBLiuPbp_Lfz2eZSeRogSJkxZBXN-nI9PSCvFKRbWbCNSFNHrna83j2yNXKMx-F_MHFSqia2ODEisWxXqgwybFKqxj0KxTe8UNa3fU3r5_gcBYPjxKsvhprG_NTFzkWLeLF5tnOeSvL0IciOu6_wmB8nanMBd7gNuGMVJ5juVEcq2EJ8TxttEAM01mSUbgVwC-GmFTHsKZF6lwMQFthu-naTbBdO2MaI1pfpFrnpnksyXV_sZ8yMU

If anyone still needs a room, I finally cancelled today so there is a room in the lodge available if you grab it quickly.

Since there's no IAP's into 2I3, @Skyrys62 got me thinking about my game plan if the weather becomes an issue. It looks to me like flying the RNAV RWY 21 at KJQD and canceling to fly over to 2I3 is the best plan. Provided the ceilings are below the MVA. If on the approach you have legal/comfy VFR when you break out, it should only be about 15 miles over there with nothing too ominous in the path.

Here's hoping for VFR weather so this won't be needed.

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 9.15.59 PM.png

I just want to say I am very excited about this upcoming trip. That is all.

Back from Ground School. Sims are 3-4 week wait. Plane is in annual, but otherwise it's looking good. I'll wait until this weekend to worry about a room.

Back