Los Angeles

texasag93

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
texasag93
Does anyone know a place to get a discovery flight in the LA area.

I am a pilot, but have a friend who wants to fly, so doing a discovery flight would be good. His dad was a private pilot and we want to go up and bring up some memories.

It is too far for me to take my airplane, so we are looking for a LA option.

Thanks.

The folks at First Flight, San Diego are awesome.

It's probably a little far, but if you're on the South Side of the LA Metroplex, I'd check them out.

Garrett at Fun Outside at KFUL. If LA proper, there are schools at KSMO or KEMT as well as KWHT to name a few airports, bitbai’ve not flown with any of the schools at those airports.

Sorry about not responding earlier.

I am in Santa Monica.

Nothing happening today, we have a TFR in place If you want to come north the recommendation of CP Aviation @ KZSP would be good.... and you may run into someone famous while you're there... KCMA is good too... Camarillo Flight Instruction would be your best bet... while you're there get lunch at the WayPoint Cafe... tomorrow and Sunday is Tri-Tip day.... :)

Or head over to KSMO and hit up Skyward...

http://www.skyward-aviation.com/

Attachments

• LA TFR.jpg
    LA TFR.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 7
I went to SMO and flew with Santa Monica FLyers. C172 with a G1000. I had never flown with a G1000, so there was a lot of buttonology to learn.

1.2 on the HOBBS and he signed me off to rent.

I went out in a C172SP the next day (standard 6 pack) with a buddy I had not seen in 20 years. His dad was a pilot and he had not been in an airplane since he was very young. His mom and my mom are best friends.

We did the LA downtown tour and a fly by the Hollywood sign. Then up the coast to Ventura and back over the Santa Monica pier.

He had a blast and I was glad he was able to get to go.

I hope his dad was watching and smiling. His dad passed from agent orange exposure in the late 80's.

As always, thanks to all who helped by giving me pointers on POA.

We did the LA downtown tour and a fly by the Hollywood sign. Then up the coast to Ventura and back over the Santa Monica pier.

Glad you enjoyed your stay and had a good flight. Yesterday was one of the picture perfect days we're known for... I was up yesterday too... but under the hood shaking off some rust and getting an IPC knocked out...

Back