Berkley Aviation Insurance

Briar Rabbit

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rob
I filled fuel at an airport insured by Berkley Aviation Insurance, the fuel was contaminated and damaged the fuel injection system. After extensive tank cleaning and extensive repairs we filed a claim to the airport and their insurance carrier in December. They requested several items of information which we supplied on January 7. Two months later received an e-mail stating the claim was reassigned to another insurance adjuster. Another month and despite 4 unanswered telephone calls with messages left to them over the last 30 days they have not returned any calls. The local agency that wrote the insurance coverage for the airport says they have contacted the underwriting department and have been promised the claims adjuster would call me “tomorrow” several times over the last three weeks. Right now my opinion is this seems like a pretty lousy insurance company and not one that I would ever purchase a policy from. Hope they impress me shortly but I have my doubts!

We currently have a claim pending with them. They are going out of business, hope they have the reserves they filed and don't leave us holding the bag.

I believe they are just pulling out of the aviation business. We were insured by them but they got difficult so we changed 2 years ago. Last time we checked 3 years ago? They were strong financially.

I think I’d be talking to the City. They are the liable party.

You don't become Warren Buffet by paying what you promised to pay I guess.

Back