Sensor Operator in San Antonio

I didn't ask because I do not want to defect to TX.

Texas would not approve your application to become a citizen.

The oil patch is so short of workers they are paying silly amounts to people for menial tasks....and they are absconding with workers who would normally keep other businesses open. Have heard of fast food places that cannot staff so they close periodically. Booms are not all joy.

To be honest I have no idea what the pay would be, just that we're hiring. We do fly pipelines but also do some survey and mapping jobs when the areas are too large to use drones.

Does It break the 6 figure mark?

By “not all joy”, you’re referring to the times that the fast food places are open?:rolleyes:
If you are hungry and that is all you can find, yes
Also closed up an Enterprise car rental once when no one available to man the desk. Not cool if you have a reservation.

If you are hungry and that is all you can find, yes
Also closed up an Enterprise car rental once when no one available to man the desk. Not cool if you have a reservation.
I remember when I spent a night in Williston back in '13. It was frackin' boomin'. WalMart had a big "now hiring" sign out, $25/hr to start. Other businesses had similar.

But it was an absolutely nasty place. There were far more people living in travel trailers than in real homes; makeshift RV parks were set up in farmers fields with sewage pipes running straight to the Missouri River, etc.

Prices in the area were outrageous for everything. The Extended Stay America was scrolling a $1,500/wk rate. Sure, people were making good money but they were spending it all just to live.

The oil patch is so short of workers they are paying silly amounts to people for menial tasks....and they are absconding with workers who would normally keep other businesses open. Have heard of fast food places that cannot staff so they close periodically. Booms are not all joy.

What oil patch? Where? Sure as hell wasn't the way it was when I left during the layoffs, when crude went below $50. Yea, you might get the opportunity to make good money, but that all depends. You need to understand going in that to make good money you're gonna need a little luck, and you'll be required to work ridiculous hours in horrible conditions. We should stop spreading these rumors and lies about the oil patch.

I remember when I spent a night in Williston back in '13. It was frackin' boomin'. WalMart had a big "now hiring" sign out, $25/hr to start. Other businesses had similar.

But it was an absolutely nasty place. There were far more people living in travel trailers than in real homes; makeshift RV parks were set up in farmers fields with sewage pipes running straight to the Missouri River, etc.

Prices in the area were outrageous for everything. The Extended Stay America was scrolling a $1,500/wk rate. Sure, people were making good money but they were spending it all just to live.

Lol most of the guys staying at the $1500/week places or other $300/night Hampton Inns we’re claiming it on expense reports anyway. No hit to their pocket. The “man camps” were usually covered by the companies the men worked for, not the employees themselves. Making well over $100K to drive a semi truck is pretty good coin as long as you don’t **** away all of the cash on toys, girls, and drugs. Fortunately for toy, girl, and drug dealers a good portion of the oil patch guys aren’t particularly adept at money/vice management.

Back