Saw an Antonov fly over today...

C_Parker

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
x
I live in Southern Idaho, was out with the dog and heard a very low pitched jet sound overhead, looked up and saw a huge 4 engine bird. Pulled up flight aware, and sure enough it was an A124. Moving parts from Boeing to FAA?

IMG_0426.jpeg

Boeing has factory facilities in Wichita also. Probably moving a large part.

Ah, ok. Thanks! Was pretty cool to see such a big jet flying over, definitely had a distinctive sound.

Back in 1993, the AN-225 was parked next to the fence on the NE corner of McCarran for three days. I took some great photos of the monster.

They also pick up B777 fuselages at Spirit Aviation in Kinston, NC (KISO). As I have flown over them just as they landed. Noticibly big, even from 3000’.

Watch where it goes from ICT. Back in 2013 or 2014 Cessna used one to transport a bunch of new 172s somewhere overseas.

FlightRadar24 is another great app.

My dad rode on one a few years ago. He said it was less than comfortable.

The Atlas hub at our airport has regular visits from an AN-124 and a 747. They are the only reason we can call it an international airport. All the passenger service is domestic.

This monster was parked next to us on a ramp in some faraway place.
2czbu60.jpg

Nauga,
and Bubba-nov

Always impressive to watch them taxi to the end of the runway... full brakes, full power, belching black smoke (Put the coal to her!!). When they show up to the airport and have to pay the airport fees, they pull out a brief case of cash... Always an experience lol.

Last time I remember it being in ICT it was hauling some oil field atuff

I flew into the Spokane Airport (GEG) a week ago this past Sunday and saw one parked.

A few years ago the wife and I were in a hotel on the south side of IAH. About 4:15am something departed to the south that woke us up, very loud. Looked on the flight tracker and it was one of the Antonov's headed to PHNL. Had to look on the bright side of things, it was scheduled to leave 2 hours earlier!

I see it sometimes where I work at Stewart Airport NY. What a beast. The airport has 12,500 feet of runway. That thing doesnt waste any of it

Back