Nashville TN CFI & Resources

Peoples

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
RPeoples
I'm in the Nashville, TN area and looking for a CFI recommendation and any seasoned resources. I've read a couple books and countless forum posts to try to educate myself so I'm now looking to take the next step.

I am self-employed and considering purchasing a plane to use for my instruction so I have a lot of flexibility as far as locations and CFIs. Any advice from locals on resources and people who are willing to share their experiences in exchange for coffee or beer is also much appreciated. Thanks

Where in the Nashville area? I really like the folks at SYI personally. www.iflysyi.com But I’ve only flown with the owner. I fly taildraggers and there aren’t that many good instructors around. Shelbyville is hard to get to. Great place to train, light traffic means high efficiency flight training.

I'm in the Green Hills area of town so a trip to Shelbyville doesn't make sense. It would be prohibitive. Ideally, I'd like to use Tune but Smyrna may work as well. Any private instructors that you're aware of? Local flight schools seem to have a large population of recent graduates because of MTSU and I think I'd like someone a little more seasoned and who is likely to be around for the next several years.

Back