Skyview, 696, GTX 330 with SL30 or GTR225

bluesideup

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
bluesideup
Hi everyone.

I would like some opinions on the above setups and which may be more flexible and reliable?

Is SL30 capable, or better, to have than a 225 for flights where you may be able to have more flexibility in using it for approaches, with a Skyview 10 in., and the 696, not legally of course, just as a backup.

I know that the 225 is only capable of Com functions, but does the rest of the set up allow for anything more with the SL30?

Which of the 2 setups are easier to upgrade to 2020?

What would the cost be for a 2020 upgrade for each?

Thanks.

The SL30 is a fantastic Nav/Com. For 2020 you can get the GPS-2020 for the Dynon and a Dynon transponder & you’re done.

well SL-30 is like a million years old, its rock solid unit, I have one. 2020 mandate is about ADSB, none of those will meet that. your options ranges from wingtip mount ADSB-OUT for $1800 to newly announced $8000 Garmin 375 which is also a IFR GPS

Hi.
Thank you for the responses.
I have one more question.
Is there a way to to get ADS-B In on the 696 or the Skyview, and which may be the best option?

Hi.
Thank you for the responses.
I have one more question.
Is there a way to to get ADS-B In on the 696 or the Skyview, and which may be the best option?

Not on 696, donno bout sky view

Not on 696, donno bout sky view

LIES -- 696 can take ADS-B In from a GDL-39 or similar device. Mine happens to be hardwired for ships power to both, and they both have batteries for redundancy.

Skyview has in-out txps available. I don't know the which are needed, but I'm sure @Jesse Saint can give you good direction on that front.

LIES -- 696 can take ADS-B In from a GDL-39 or similar device. Mine happens to be hardwired for ships power to both, and they both have batteries for redundancy.

Skyview has in-out txps available. I don't know the which are needed, but I'm sure @Jesse Saint can give you good direction on that front.

Yes sorry I read it wrong, thought out not in

The Skyview does an excellent job of displaying ADS-B. The ADSB-472 costs $795.

For ADS-B our, you need the $2,200 transponder and a position source. One would be the $590 Dynon god receiver or a WAAS navigator.

Back