Airliner lands in wrong country

I hope pilots here have more control/awareness of the plan.

But do they get the mileage credit for both segments?!?

I hope pilots here have more control/awareness of the plan.

Yeah, I can't think of a situation where that would happen here. That said, I doubt the crew thought they were going one place and flew the plane somewhere different. More likely the crew and flight plan were in agreement, but maybe since this was some sort of leasing deal, the signals between BA and WDL got crossed and the crew thought they were supposed to be in Edinburgh?

Yeah, I can't think of a situation where that would happen here. That said, I doubt the crew thought they were going one place and flew the plane somewhere different. More likely the crew and flight plan were in agreement, but maybe since this was some sort of leasing deal, the signals between BA and WDL got crossed and the crew thought they were supposed to be in Edinburgh?
That's what I meant. I hope in the US pilots are more involved in the planning and would recognize a bad dispatch/route and at ask.

At least Southwest stays in the same country when they land at the wrong airport!

Yes, sounds like a dispatch error.
The BBC seems to confirm, or not, that “someone” screwed up:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-47691478

“On its final flight on Sunday, the plane flew to Edinburgh and back so it seems that someone at WDL mistakenly repeated the same flight plan for the next day, according to BA.

When the crew arrived at London City airport on Monday it is thought that they saw Edinburgh on the flight plan from the day before and followed the old flight route.”

Back