So glad aviation GPS is not like this....

The funny part is some people think this is a joke..... seriously. More than a few folks I know are just like this.

Reactions: Ted
The funny part is some people think this is a joke..... seriously. More than a few folks I know are just like this.

Ugh. Reminds me of a time I was told to "get on the Bypass, get off at the 84 Lumber and take a right at the BP." That was it, and it was handed to me in written form by someone else who was unfamiliar with the area and didn't have contact info for the person who wrote the directions. I ended up having to go 4 miles down a single-lane (not one lane each way, but ONE LANE) in a semi.

I remember another driver trainer at a company I worked for relating a tale of being told to "turn left where you see the three cows in the pasture" and not believing it, but sure enough, there were three cows there, right next to the turn.

Take a right at the rock that looks like a bear and a left at the bear that looks like a rock...

I've been following them for some time. They're a riot. Especially the thing about mosquitos in the south, visiting your grandma, "the look" mama gives you. And I have to admit to a huge crush on Talia. She's yummy.

Stingray Don may have heard this one before. . . .

Turn right where the silo burned down... left where the Shamrock station used to be...

And the silo burned down in 1922 and the Shamrock was torn down in 1956 and a strip mall was built there in 1987.....:lol::lol:

Where I grew up in Texas directions are just like that with folks that have lived on the same land for generations...

I got directions once (and remember I grew up in the area) to go down the road until you see the cemetery, turn left on the road right across from it, and go over the hill until you see a white horse and a brown mule. Turn into that pasture and go over the second hill and you will see the truck (that I was sent to repair) Ok. The cemetery was in a large open field and had the last burial in 1918. There are large trees in it up to the wrought iron fence, and the grass was about 3 feet tall. I never knew that little patch of woods was a cemetery until that day. I found the horse and mule, (which was 7 miles down the dirt road) went through the gate, closing it after I went through, drove over many hills since this was a pasture and so no road, or path to get to the truck. I finally found some recent tire tracks through the grass and followed those to the truck.

Gotta love small town livin'...

in the late 90's I had to go to Windsor, CO to visit a Kodak plant.

Instructions were to exit the highway at exit xx and then go a ways, then after Windsor it's the first right after the cemetery, then the first left, and straight to the end of the road.

I'm like, any of these roads have names? Answer: probably.

Egads

I always found it amusing when the instructions were to turn at the third red light. What if they're green?

I always found it amusing when the instructions were to turn at the third red light. What if they're green?

I recall the old school term was "Stop Light." I guess calling it the "Stop, prepare to stop if safe, or proceed light" was just too much for people.

Some parts of the country they refer to them as "stop and go" lights.

We would see you coming. It would be red before you got under it.

Here in NM a lot of drivers consider them as mere suggestions...

Back home in PR, you can legally treat red lights as the equivalent of "flashing red" lights (aka mere stop signs) between 0000 and 0500.

Amusingly, I was driving through Gastonia last year and my wife is amazed.

Her: Have you been here before?
Me: Nope
Her: How is it you know where you're going?
Me: I hear voices.

She hadn't realized that my iPhone google maps application was streaming into my hearing aids.

Back