Daily Pic

It felt really awkward to me. Fun, but not a fan of the flying characteristics

Yeah, people always say "flies like a Cub" but TBH, Cubs fly like crap. They're still fun, but the fact remains... They're relatively light and sporty in the pitch axis, and total dogs in roll. IMO it's way more fun to fly something like a Husky (B or C model) that has well-harmonized fingertip control than to wrestle a Cub around. But, I sure wouldn't turn it down if someone offered it to me to fly. :)

Yeah, people always say "flies like a Cub" but TBH, Cubs fly like crap. They're still fun, but the fact remains... They're relatively light and sporty in the pitch axis, and total dogs in roll. IMO it's way more fun to fly something like a Husky (B or C model) that has well-harmonized fingertip control than to wrestle a Cub around. But, I sure wouldn't turn it down if someone offered it to me to fly. :)
I flew a Reed clipped wing. Still flew like crap

It felt really awkward to me. Fun, but not a fan of the flying characteristics
Was surprised how heavy the controls are for such a tiny plane. And my right foot hated it the whole time with how cramped it was. The whole experience certainly woke up my feet.

fddf072989784936d5115ff84f3329ae.jpg

Hope this isn’t the last of the ski flying this year. Warm temps on the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made a quick trip to Flagstaff this morning, overflying Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon. Well, the northbound trip was quick thanks to the wind aloft. Return trip, not so much. :(

The good news:

Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 8.29.45 PM.png

The bad news:

Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 8.30.47 PM.png

If you've ever wondered what 157 knots ground speed looks like in a 172, here it is. No, this is not one of those speeded-up videos. :p

Pretty scenery, though ...

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

E3773021-9EE6-4465-9B72-C584AAE9E118.jpeg
Was on way back from Jamaica and saw this outside the window. Shadow of the Jet and chemtrail on clouds below.

Hope the rest of you sit by the window on a flight in the heavy iron and just look outside the whole time. I’m like 6 yo flying for the first time.. every time.

You couldn't have ordered up a nicer day to fly in SWMO/NWAR than what we have today. Upper 50s and zero wind...zero bumps.

Flew to Berryville, AR (4M1) for their monthly breakfast. Not surprisingly, they had their largest turnout ever.

Günter topped 20 hours today. A couple of photos...

He doesn't have the "happy face" yet that Buddy had when flying, but he's content to just sleep in the back seat:

download_20190316_123722.jpg

And the post-flight pose that's becoming a tradition. We'll, except this will be the last. He'll dent the cowl if he gets any heavier!

download_20190316_124944.jpg

For comparison...a reminder of his size on Christmas day...he's just a wee bit bigger...
View attachment 71141

Last edited:
SoCAl RV Flyer beat me to it. This "Superbloom" of flowers has created traffic havoc on the 15 fwy. and nearby side streets. I would have never guessed that flowers could draw so much attention. There are now paid parking lots and shuttles just for people to go sit in the flowers. Only in SoCal, lol. There are orange, yellow, purple and white flowers in the mix. The lake in the first photo is a stocked fishing lake that has been shut down for the past few years due to the drought. It is now just about over-flowing.
superbloom w.lake corona.jpg Super bloom photo 1 (2).jpg superbloom 2.jpg

I saw your video of your trip down to Texas. Looking forward to seeing the results of your new AP.
I'll throw part 2 of the trip down up tomorrow morning and then I'm officially caught up on videos. Hoping to get the call any day now to go back and pick her up! Going to be a busy few weeks coming up. :)

I can't wait to see the reviews! That same thing is on my wish list.
I picked up another camera for better views of the panel. I'll put the new autopilot through the wringer and make sure to film it all. Really excited with all the great things I'm hearing about it. :)

So whut yer sayin' is, you flew right over OK and didn't even stop by your ol' buddy's house. Thought we was friends. :(
Unfortunately, we had no time. We did mention (can't remember if I edited it out or not) that we have a buddy in Lindsay as we flew over. We ended up getting delayed a day due to crappy winter weather and were in a time crunch to get her down there and then back on an airliner the same day. Looking forward to seeing you down in Kentucky...cheap non-fancy beer is on me!

I'll throw part 2 of the trip down up tomorrow morning and then I'm officially caught up on videos. Hoping to get the call any day now to go back and pick her up! Going to be a busy few weeks coming up. :)

I picked up another camera for better views of the panel. I'll put the new autopilot through the wringer and make sure to film it all. Really excited with all the great things I'm hearing about it. :)

Awesome! I'm ready to see how it works and couples with the G5's.

Unfortunately, we had no time. We did mention (can't remember if I edited it out or not) that we have a buddy in Lindsay as we flew over. We ended up getting delayed a day due to crappy winter weather and were in a time crunch to get her down there and then back on an airliner the same day. Looking forward to seeing you down in Kentucky...cheap non-fancy beer is on me!

And in OKC!! Stop in at Sundance (KHSD) sometime. Cheapest fuel in the city, and some dang nice folks! ;-)

Right on. I was just messin' with ya, but you guys are welcome at my house anytime you're crossing the great state of Oklahoma. I live 3 miles from the airport and can provide shuttle service, free lodging, and food.

See ya in the Bluegrass State.

Back