Does IACRA need updating?

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
Does the IARCA application have an “expiration time period??”
I submitted mine back in end of dec.

I have my IFR checkride planned again for tomorrow. This is like take 6. Some weather delays, death in family delays, me forgetting my license delays.
I did have to redo my 3 hours checkride prep. Today I went up with my CFI just to run through the paces and have some current flight. He asked me if I needed to do anything to update my IARCA or do anything to make it sure it’s active. I didn’t know, he wasn’t sure. Asked me to Double check it. I looked at their website and didn’t see anything definitive.

His, your cfi's endorsement, has a shelf life for recent training experience (which you just redid, I would get a fresh endorsement for that), make sure all his endorsements are up to date and worded correctly. My dpe was very specific in what the endorsement had to say.

I know you can update the IACRA form even after your CFI signs it through his portal. You may want to update it to reflect the total logbook hours.

Your CFI-I should have have an endorsement written into your logbook or training record that certifies that you the applicant have received and logged training time within 2 calendar months preceding the month of application in preparation for the practical test.

I would clarify with the DPE about IACRA since your CFI-I asked you oddly enough.

On the Certificate and/or Rating Application it states:
"I have personally instructed the Applicant and consider this person ready to take the test."

So if the instructors signature is dated outside of the 2 calendar months on the form then it may no longer be valid according to §61.39 - §61.109 - §61.103

Last edited:
We took care of logbook endorsement a few weeks ago. I just redid the IACRA form. Was easier the second time as I was just adding hours to reflect the new totals.
I made decision to redo as the issue date on my license changed and wanted to eliminate any potential for a problem.

Don’t forget to get your CFI-I to sign the new one.

Make sure you go down the ACS checklist on page Λ-11 so you don’t forget anything.

I hope you have a happy day tomorrow.

Don’t forget to get your CFI-I to sign the new one.

Make sure you go down the ACS checklist on page Λ-11 so you don’t forget anything.

I hope you have a happy day tomorrow.
Yup got that and literally “touching” every required item.
Thanks!
Today had a good flight with CFI great review. Reaffirmed what I knew. What I have to watch out for flight wise. On ground for oral. This is odd I’ve prepped a bunch or time now so
Kind of hard to “prep”. I’m sure I’m reviewing all the the things I’ll never be asked-I’m good at that. Reviewing @dtuuri ’s site and that is helpful as well!!
Re-reviewing the E6B to use if asked. Stuff like that. Reading the ACS and reviewing it. Watched some Oral checkrides and tried to be prepped with answers. I think you’d have to work hard to fail the oral but there are ppl who work hard at it.

Yup got that and literally “touching” every required item.
Thanks!
Today had a good flight with CFI great review. Reaffirmed what I knew. What I have to watch out for flight wise. On ground for oral. This is odd I’ve prepped a bunch or time now so
Kind of hard to “prep”. I’m sure I’m reviewing all the the things I’ll never be asked-I’m good at that. Reviewing @dtuuri ’s site and that is helpful as well!!
Re-reviewing the E6B to use if asked. Stuff like that. Reading the ACS and reviewing it. Watched some Oral checkrides and tried to be prepped with answers. I think you’d have to work hard to fail the oral but there are ppl who work hard at it.

Just don't let anything or anyone rush you, including the dpe and ATC, delay vectors if you need them. My instructor told me, "this is your checkride, take your time and get it right."

Just don't let anything or anyone rush you, including the dpe and ATC, delay vectors if you need them. My instructor told me, "this is your checkride, take your time and get it right."
When we met the first time, the DPE even said that. Told me if I needed time to get set up let him know and vector me out to get set up for the approaches. Where we are at for exam the approaches are tucked in tight!

Back