Very few hours flown since MOH..

Seminole Pilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
fsudelt
Narrowing down my Saratoga search and ran across a possible potential aircraft. Question is MOH was done September 2017 and it only has 6 hours since it was completed. Would that concern anyone? Obviously I’ll need to see in person & review all records and ask why it hasn’t been being flown but trying to see if worth pursuing....

It’s still in its break-in period. I would ask how it’s been flown so far. But I wouldn’t let this scare you away. Could be a good aircraft and you’ll know how the engine has been operated since day 1.

I’d ether buy it or not buy it.

What’s with these tea leave reading questions, until you do a proper prebuy no one can answer that question. Could be a awesome plane, could be only worth scrap value.

I’d ether buy it or not buy it.

What’s with these tea leave reading questions, until you do a proper prebuy no one can answer that question. Could be a awesome plane, could be only worth scrap value.

Thanks for the great advice, exactly the info I was looking for. I appreciate your thoughtful insight.

Narrowing down my Saratoga search and ran across a possible potential aircraft. Question is MOH was done September 2017 and it only has 6 hours since it was completed. Would that concern anyone? Obviously I’ll need to see in person & review all records and ask why it hasn’t been being flown but trying to see if worth pursuing....
It would concern me—who woulds spend the AMUs on a major and then not fly it?

Just for others wondering where I’m coming from up to this point I have either rented or flown my father’s plane so this is my first aircraft purchase. I apologize if I’m asking “tea leave reading questions”. If needed the moderator can delete this post...

Thanks for the great advice, exactly the info I was looking for. I appreciate your thoughtful insight.

You’re welcome.

Shy of someone here knowing the exact plane you're talking about, and you didn’t post a link or N number or anything, I’m not sure what you’re expecting.

I’d just ask the standard questions, think folks have posted what to ask and prebuy stuff many times here, the broker is a pain, often they just make static between the owner who has the info you want and you. Good news is they often are easier to beat up on the price.

Last edited:
You’re welcome.

Shy of someone here knowing the exact plane you're talking about, and you didn’t post a link or N number or anything, I’m not sure what you’re expecting.

I’d just ask the standard questions, think folks have posted what to ask and prebuy stuff many times here, the broker is a pain, often they just make static between the owner who has the info you want and you. Good news is they often are easier to beat up on the price.

Here you go if this helps...

http://www.controller.com/ListingsDetail/Detail.aspx?lp=CNT&OHID=30628157

I'm not all that thrilled with the interior color selection, and the panel needs a little sorting, but looks pretty decent in pictures.

I think it’s overpriced. The panel is very dated. Useable but you’ll be like ngoni for better very soon.

The engine with only 6 hours in a year and a half is very concerning. If it was flown and just put up and allowed to sit, the Florida humidity will be doing its work on the crank. There’s a chance it’s fine; there’s a chance you’ll be doing another year down in 50-100 hours. Be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha!
DAIRY AIRE LLC

That’s a good one

http://aviationdb.net/aviationdb/AircraftDetailPage#SUBMIT

N Number: 43156
Last Action Date
2017-01-27
Airworthiness Date 1983-06-30 Expiration Date 2020-01-31
Manufacturer_Name PIPER Model Name PA-32R-301

Registrant Name MURFS AIRCRAFT SALES LLC Street 17611 BOAT CLUB DR
Registrant City FORT MYERS Registrant State FL
Registrant Zip Code 339084467 Country UNITED STATES
Region Southern Registrant Type Unknown 7
Fract Owner Certificate Issue Date 2017-01-27
Status N-Number Assigned and Registered

Serial Number 32R-8313028 Aircraft Type Fixed wing single engine
Mode S Code 51224773 Year Mfr 1983
Aircraft Category Land Builder Certification Type Certificated
Number Engines 1 Number Seats 7
Aircraft Weight CLASS 1 Aircraft Cruising Speed 0
Airworthiness Classification Standard Approved Operation Codes Normal

Engine Manufacturer LYCOMING
Engine Model Name IO-540 SER Engine Type Reciprocating
Engine Horsepower/Thrust 0 Fuel Consumed 0.00

------- History 1 -------
Last Action Date
2015-08-17
Registrant Name DAIRY AIRE LLC Street 3511 SILVERSIDE RD STE 105
Registrant City WILMINGTON Registrant State DE
Registrant Zip Code 198104902 Country UNITED STATES
Region Eastern Registrant Type Corporation
Fract Owner Certificate Issue Date 2002-12-06

------- History 2 -------
Last Action Date
2013-01-15
Status First Notice for Registration Renewal

------- History 3 -------
Last Action Date
2008-12-16
Status First Notice for Re- Registration/Renewal

------- History 4 -------
Last Action Date
2005-12-20
Registrant Zip Code 19810-4902 Country UNITED STATES
Status The Triennial Aircraft Registration form was mailed and has not been returned by the Post Office

------- History 5 -------
Last Action Date
2002-12-06
Registrant Zip Code 19810-4902 Country UNITED STATES

------- History 6 -------
Last Action Date
2000-07-18
Registrant Name O & F MACHINE PRODUCTS CO Street 3020 WEST 20TH ST
Registrant City JOPLIN Registrant State MO
Registrant Zip Code 64801 Country UNITED STATES
Region Central Registrant Type Corporation
Fract Owner Certificate Issue Date 1986-08-27
Status The Triennial Aircraft Registration form was mailed and has not been returned by the Post Office

***** No Deregistered Data Found *****

***** No Reserved Data Found *****

***** No FAA Accidents/Incidents Found *****

***** No NTBS Accidents Found *****

***** No NTBS Pre 1982 Accidents Found *****

***** No SDR's Found *****

Looks like it at least went up Nov 17th, 24th and 26th , maybe demo flights? I’d hope they were flying it per the break in procedures with only 6 SMOH

2-AB8-C603-56-F4-473-B-8-D78-BCFA54069-E5-F.jpg

6-B5-CD59-C-C8-AE-4-C55-90-D4-72-D0-AE5-C3491.jpg

79615-DCE-0308-4-D5-D-AF7-F-C7-F16-F11-F05-C.jpg

Quick off the cuff doesn’t seem to have anything too funky in it’s history, no NTSB hits or anything odd in the registry.

Only off thing is it appears the place selling the plane got it from another sales place that bought it from Daire Air in 2017, maybe they got it cheap with a blown out engine and got a deal on a new engine? Still interesting seeing it bounce between aircrafts sales places.

Current sales place
http://www.macdonaldaircraft.com/default.htm

Current registered owner is Murf’s aircraft sales, owned by Gary Murphy a PPL since 2008
http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=MURFSAIRCRAFTSALES L090000285110&aggregateId=flal-l09000028511-a25ecc93-30e1-4256-be16-7606b37ded3c&searchTerm=MURFS AIRCRAFT&listNameOrder=MURFSAIRCRAFTSALES L090000285110

So I’d guess despite Gary saying he’s in aircraft sales, he’s having Scott sell it for him?

No matter, you’ll still want to order the FAA CD and match it to the logs (I’d do this remotely with the logs scanned and sent to you), might be worth having a AP go over that with you.
http://aircraft.faa.gov/e.gov/ND/

Talk price, and go down there for a prebuy.

I’d say it worth a prebuy if the logs and FAA CD, price and all is in order, though I’d like it better for like 120k ish ;)

Back