Cracker Jack peanut:popcorn ratio

asicer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
asicer
What is the proper ratio of peanuts to popcorn in Cracker Jack? The bag seems to imply 3:5 but I seem to be getting something different.

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

Hmmm. Your picture shows 42:7 or 6:1.

The photo on the label shows 7:3 or 2.3:1, with the assumption that it's an accurate representation of the ratio of the contents.

Do you remember what Felix taught us what happens when you ASSUME?

you could drive yourself a little nuts thinking about this

I'm not sure if I'm more bothered by the peanut to popcorn ratio, or the packaging.

So what was the prize?

Stop playing with your food..!!! There are starving children in China that don't have anything to eat.!!

At least that is what my mom would tell me many years ago when I was a kid.

However, a friend of mine that is my age and grew up in China tells me that his grandmother would tell him...

''别再玩你的食物了美国有饥饿的孩子, 他们什么都没吃.." (bié zài wán nǐ de shí wù leměi guó yǒu jī è de hái zi , tā men shén me dōu méi chī...)

Or...''Stop playing with your food. There are starving children in the United States that don't have anything to eat.!!''

Lip-smackin’, whip-crackin’, paddy-whackin’,
knickin’-knackin’, silver-rackin’, scoundrel-whackin’,
cracker-jackin’ Cracker Jack

Candy-coated popcorn, peanuts, and a prize
That’s what you get in Cracker Jack

He said "paddy-whackin'" heh, heh...

Moose Munch ruined Cracker Jacks for me.

Stop playing with your food..!!! There are starving children in China that don't have anything to eat.!!

At least that is what my mom would tell me many years ago when I was a kid.

However, a friend of mine that is my age and grew up in China tells me that his grandmother would tell him...

''别再玩你的食物了美国有饥饿的孩子, 他们什么都没吃.." (bié zài wán nǐ de shí wù leměi guó yǒu jī è de hái zi , tā men shén me dōu méi chī...)

Or...''Stop playing with your food. There are starving children in the United States that don't have anything to eat.!!''
Did you use Google Translate on this?

2/10 rant, points deducted for lack of finger pointing, name calling, wall of text, and bag not box. Try harder next time. At least tell us how it used to be.

2/10 rant, points deducted for lack of finger pointing, name calling, wall of text, and bag not box. Try harder next time. At least tell us how it used to be.
Where did I make the claim that this was a rant?

Cracker Jacks have gone down hill since they stopped putting in “Real Surprises” in the name of safety, with those stupid paper puzzles and such. If only the kids of today knew, there would a rebellion...and maybe a little more choking.

I thought I read somewhere that Frito-Lay is going to sue the makers of "Cracker Jacks" for trademark infringement.

Cracker Jacks have gone down hill since they stopped putting in “Real Surprises” in the name of safety, with those stupid paper puzzles and such. If only the kids of today knew, there would a rebellion...and maybe a little more choking.
Some of them do need some choking, errrrrrr, discipline.

@C-1 PILOT , you are showing your age. When did thy stop the "Real Surprises"? Got to be 30 years ago??

Next we can count how many pretzels in a bag of SWA pretzels

This is easy. The dog did it.

Yep, there's a dog, and it's on the same package as the popcorn. Everybody knows that a dog will snarf up popcorn, but not so much the peanuts.

What I find hard to believe is that the dog didn't eat all the popcorn.

Back