Untuckit..a blouse for men, change my mind

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
So I was watching these adds for this line of shirts by untuckit ( https://www.untuckit.com/ ), basically its dress shirts but the bottom of the shirt is cut and designed to not be tucked in, now its not a polo or a Hawaiian shirt, its a dress shirt, so basically is this a blouse marketed for men?

o.jpg

akira-ivory-studded-button-down-blouse-product-1-6721709-428644305.jpeg

It's a shirt, unless you wear panties, then it can be a blouse. I often don't tuck in my dress shirts, if I am wearing them with jeans. I couldn't care less about the bottom being straight, though.

Edit to fix typo

Last edited:
Well, it isn't a partial see through and doesn't have pearl buttons.....

I am old school, I tuck except for some very rare times when I am doing some dirty work.

I wear my dress shirts untucked mostly. I think most of the ones I own are made to be untucked anyways.

I think tucked in looks goofy unless your also in dress pants.

It's a shirt, unless you wear panties, then it can be a blouse. I often don't tuck in my dress shirts, if I am wearing them with jeans. I couldn't care less about the bottom being straight, though.

Edit to fix typo

Following that logic, wouldnt womans style panties just become "fancy briefs"?

That is a shirt. A shirt has the buttons on the right side, a blouse on the left.

It's a stylish way for those of us with a slightly protruding gut to look not quite so fat.
For some reason, my wife insists I not tuck in my shirts.

It's a stylish way for those of us with a slightly protruding gut to look not quite so fat.

You're not fooling anyone.

Here's a thought, I should wear my shirt tails out and see if that makes me look HEAVIER. What are the odds?

When I was a kid, you would get your beat up for wearing something like that. Now that the bullies were removed from schools it has become a free for all.

My older brother quit tucking in his shirts several years ago. High dollar shirts, alone and with sports coats. No idea why . . . . He ain't no millenial, he'll turn 60 next year. It's not my idea of stylish, although I often don't tuck in polo shirts outside of work.

I think I was too harsh initially. Looking back at the picture, that would be a nice choice to wear to casual functions or on weekends. NOT a dress shirt, NOT to work, NOT to Church, but fine otherwise.
o.jpg

Why is this of any interest to anybody with half a brain, including me? Next post will be about wearing plaid with plaid. Or maybe rolling up sleeves inside or outside? Who cares?

Cheers

Why is this of any interest to anybody with half a brain, including me? Next post will be about wearing plaid with plaid. Or maybe rolling up sleeves inside or outside? Who cares?

Cheers

outside! what are we animals here?

To each their own. I like wearing shirts untucked. I would do so at my work if it were socially acceptable, but alas it is not.

Wait a minute, an untucked shirt is a blouse??? Crap, I've been a metro sexual forever then. Who makes up these rules??? f them.

Cheers

Or denim on denim?

Looks good to me. That dude is pulling mo' @--- than the pigeon row crowd on here combined anyways, "blouse" or no blouse. I thought this was the Land of the Free? Free to run around untucked baby!
tenor.gif
:D:D

I was going to defend this but then I went to the website and they are asking $98 for most of these shirts. What man spends that kind of money for a shirt that has no purpose other than fashion? Nah, that's a woman thing...

I wear button up shirts untucked quite often and haven’t thought twice about it. Unless I’m going to church or some formal event, I feel like it looks goofy to tuck in your shirt—looks like an old man or something, especially if you cinch your drawers tight with a belt. I’ve also worn briefs and boxers for years and never felt more manly. To each their own, but I don’t see a problem with this.

I hate tucking shirts in (button-down, or any other kind) so always wear mine untucked unless a work setting demands it. I don't even tuck them in for social events because I don't go to the kinds of social events where tucking a shirt in would be required.

I have a general distaste of "dressing up for others" that I think stems from the first job I had after college, working for an EXTREMELY conservative IT company in the early 90s. We were required to wear suits and ties, and had to keep our jackets on at all times (except when sitting in our own cube), even on the customer's factory floor. I even remember running cable under a raised data center floor with my jacket and tie on. Some of the dumbest people I worked with there were cherry picked for assignments just because they dressed up and played the part. I contrast that with my time spent in Silicon Valley, where some of the smartest, most successful, and fun people I worked with wore jeans, t-shirts, and sneakers to the office.

It was a bit of a culture shock for me moving from California back to Colorado because I took a job at a company run largely by old school lawyers. Even though I was in IT, they worked on a different floor, and we never had customers on our floor, we were still required to wear business casual every day. Not a huge deal, but I still don't see the point of dressing up to impress the person in the next cube. If you work somewhere where customers are coming in the office, then yeah maybe I can understand it. But if it's just internal people, I don't see the point of having a dress code, as long as people aren't going overboard and wearing stuff like tank tops and flip flops.

Haven't worn anything but t shirts or flannels to work in almost 25 years. Must be something wrong with the office guys that don't like those of us that wear "Eau de JP-5" or "5606 toilette water" :p

Looks better on her. Sometimes you need to be untucked. Do you even CCW bro?:D

I was going to defend this but then I went to the website and they are asking $98 for most of these shirts. What man spends that kind of money for a shirt that has no purpose other than fashion? Nah, that's a woman thing...
Price is my issue. I don't really have a problem with the way they look. I wear shirts untucked almost all the time, but I use Lands' End twill shirts. They typically run about $55 for the tall size I wear, but I'll wait for Lands' End to send me a 30% discount email, which they do quite frequently. The Lands' End shirts hold up to repeated washings very well, and I like the way they look. The Untuckit brand is considerably outside of my clothing budget.

@John221us probably "couldn't care less" but that's for another thread. <- I said thread in a post about shirts. Damn I'm funny

The whole sloppy untucked look needs to go the way of bell bottom pants.

Bell bottoms are back. Well they are called wide leg jeans now...

Back