Anyone used Aircraftmagnetoservice.com?

jasont

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
JasonT
Need to send out 4 magnetos off the Seneca for their 500 hour service. Anyone used them before or have a shop you used and were happy with?

Thanks!

Jason

As for Aircraft Magneto Service, they recently overhaul two mags for me and I was very pleased and impressed with their service. They spent considerable time explaining the details of what they found after disassembly and answered my many questions patiently. The units I received back from them looked brand new. Highly recommended.

Need to send out 4 magnetos off the Seneca for their 500 hour service. Anyone used them before or have a shop you used and were happy with?

Thanks!

Jason

Damn, all four at once? I'm trying to space things on mine out. I'm amazed at how many of the individuals parts you can order on your own from Spruce though. Got a new set of contacts for one on my right engine that needed servicing. Taken apart, the mags are way more simple than I thought.

I just used Aircraft Ignition Services in Honey Grove, Texas. Was really, really happy with the service and the turnaround time. Kevin was great to work with and was very responsive (even texts). Highly recommend.

I’ve used AMS many times, both Bendix and Slick mags. They do a great job, for a fair price, will use them again the next time I need to send a mag out.

I read the above thread, sent AMS a mag. The reply: "Don't bother, buy one" and returned it for nothing more than a (discounted) return shipping charge. I like that in a vendor.

My mags need OH / IRAN this year as well, I am going to use AMS, local pilot here says good stuff about them. Just wondering if I should drop more coins and get one electronic one like surefly...

I read the above thread, sent AMS a mag. The reply: "Don't bother, buy one" and returned it for nothing more than a (discounted) return shipping charge. I like that in a vendor.
Yours was BER? why?

Back