Jepordy All Star Tourny

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
Anyone here catching this... my only 30 minutes of TV.... and predictions?

Underwhelmed. Too much time devoted to introductions and flashbacks, too little time devoted to competition.

Bob

The competition will come. These guys are good.

I’m into this show for a couple of reasons. One is that I’ve watched and enjoyed this show for a long time. Two (bragging here, I’m sorry) my son was a two day Jeopardy! champion last year. Very tough show to get on in the first place. Even more tough to win.

Our local station no longer carries Jeopardy regularly. When they do air episodes it’s mid morning or 2am. :mad:

One thing I loved growing up was that NYC carried Jeopardy in the evenings. I’d catch it while my parents cooked dinner during my summers in the Caribbean as they showed NYC stations.

You didn't mention being a left coaster. :D

Ummm ahhhh emmmm ummmm weeeeellllll, you got a point there.... is that a strike against me? :cool:

Kidding aside.... east coast transplant... did my primary at N57

Underwhelmed. Too much time devoted to introductions and flashbacks, too little time devoted to competition.

We watched the first episode, and then another last night - for the most part we can only watch live TV at our TN digs.

I can’t believe how gone deaf the producers seem to be about why people enjoy Jeopardy - to play along and get to show how smart you are. But I’d say this new format has about 1/3 the actual game play people tune in for. The chitchat about the game’s history and how team selection occurred is just kinda boring, at least to me and Karen.

Missed tonight’s show as we’re in GA. But don’t think we’d have tuned in anyway, for the above reasons. But we did watch a past episode on Netflix - and got to show how smart we are!

Back