Uploading images refresher

dtuuri

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
dtuuri
I seem to have forgot how to upload approach chart images. I wind up with

I can't even get my post here to show. There was a lot more I typed than rendered. When I tried to edit, it started another thread!

There are multiple ways. Usually, I just drag them into the edit box or copy/paste them.

Exactly what are you trying to do? Are you trying to upload an image file or a pdf? Online images or those on your computer or table or phone?

I used the envelope icon and dropped in the url where indicated.

none of those are IMAGE files, although when I replied to your post I see the svg image.
When I'm in the editor I see it too. Next I'm trying to upload the svg file and see what happens. I'll download it first, then upload from my computer:

Ditto for a pdf:

Attachments

• 05889VDC.PDF
    336.4 KB · Views: 2
A suggestion, Dave.

If you are using Windows, there is an application called the snipping tool. Open it and select "Rectangular" from the Mode menu. Go to the site with the chart, select "new" on the snipping tool and capture what you want. It should automatically make a copy of the image which you can paste right into the dit box:

upload_2019-2-20_12-36-25.png

PDF's are not considered image files as far as uploading images goes. the file extension has to be png or jpg, maybe gif. not sure the full acceptable file types but those are the main ones.

When I'm in the editor I see it too. Next I'm trying to upload the svg file and see what happens. I'll download it first, then upload from my computer:
Convert it to another format if you have the tools to do so.

Convert it to another format if you have the tools to do so.
After I uploaded what I thought was the svg file I noticed it came through as a pdf. I found that both versions were in my downloads under the same filename. Only the pdf was offered, though, in the selection window. Of course it didn't show the extension. So, I went back and deleted it from the post. The svg image shows in the editor, go figure.

I use the snipping tool a lot, but haven't tried to paste directly from it. Good tip, thanks.

I have a headache. Thanks all. It's going to be one of those days I think.

After I uploaded what I thought was the svg file I noticed it came through as a pdf. I found that both versions were in my downloads under the same filename. Only the pdf was offered, though, in the selection window. Of course it didn't show the extension. So, I went back and deleted it from the post. The svg image shows in the editor, go figure.
I see that too. It's weird but here's what I think is happening. The browser - Chrome, FireFox, Edge, whatever - has the capability to view them (which is why Skyvector uses them), so you see them in the edit box when posting or replying. But once posted, the forum software, which doesn't recognize them as images, doesn't display them.

BTW, not seeing the extension is a Windows setting. The very first one I change when I buy a new PC.

upload_2019-2-20_13-0-58.png

Last edited:
Back