What would you change?

Challenged

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Challenged
So we all know that each of us fly/own the best airplane there is and it will pretty much be the perfect plane for anyone who asks what the right plane for them is. But let's get honest and talk for a minute about what you don't like about your airplane. What realistic change(s) would you make to the airplane that you own/fly that would make it better?

My 172 is slooooow. No way to make it much faster. Would be nice to upgrade to a 182, but the budget won’t allow it. :(

Most of my flying has been in 172s and Cherokees.
172: Really, not much to improve, given what it is and what its mission is. Maybe lighter-weight components up front - lightweight starter and alternator, composite prop.

Cherokee: Pilot’s door, windows that open, Cessna-style vents at face level. And the same as the 172 for reducing weight.

I love my Bonanza V-Tail, but I would pay a lot for more and better W&B distribution. Add A/C and it would be unbeatable. As it is, it is a great 3 seater, but it sure does get hot here in Florida.

More power!

tenor.gif

There are days I'd enjoy wing extensions and days I'm glad I don't have them.

I've never flown a plane and wished it had less power or thrust, so if I wished for anything it would be forward of the firewall.

I'm considering a Landoll Ring to add 12# of ballast at the prop to move my CG forward a bit. She's quite tail heavy at full gross.

Also considering adding a smoke system and a 406 ELT.

More power, better instrument lighting, and a landing light that works well enough to see when taxing at night. Oh and more room and a higher useful load...:rolleyes:

My Sport is well maintained but a real dog in the performance area..

On the Husky, a better heater. :yes:

On the Aztec, turbines, pressurization and an airstair cabin-class door...in other words, a Conquest. ;)

In a 172... a little bit wider, and about 20kts faster.
In a RV-7,9....larger cockpit with adjustable seats, more useful load.
In a Cherokee, pilot side door, 15-20kts faster.
In a Mooney, ball protectors.

Faster, less weight, more power, less fuel burn, less mx

Turbo just so I can get up high enough to see where the TCUs are. Other than that nothing much.

Curious what the reasoning is behind that?

Curious.....LOL you know exactly where that was going, no need to be passive aggressive. That religious war will never be settled. All one can do is pick a side and join the charge. ;)
QuickThreadbareArmednylonshrimp-small.gif

:D #teamLyco

Beech Sierra, door seals. Or doors that fit the fuse. MT prop, Surefire ignition, VGs, Aspen, 750, alt hold, flap handle extender, ADSB out, paint, interior, rear windows I see outta, external hard points. All can be had for a few AMUs. Speed? Nah.

Or, Duke engines on a Baron...oh wait...

My panel could use an upgrade. More power of coarse. Sliding rear seats like the newer models have and reclining seats in the front. AC would be nice.

I have a Beech Debonair. Im planning on upgrading the audio panel and maybe one radio this year. Everything else is probably not going to happen. Hopefully my 600 hour, 225 hp engine , will last me many more years.

The ability to put 4 people in it, full tanks, and luggage

My Mooney needs an autopilot, an upgrade on the comm/audio panel and I'd like (but don't necessarily need) an engine monitor... Oh yea, I'd like my Hydraulic-Manual flaps to start moving on the first pump and not the 5th...

Club plane is a 182H 230hp
Has 430w, sandel HSI, autopilot with altitude hold

Would like to
PPonk
STOL kit
G5

Not too much to ask, right?

Comanche. Almost 1300 useful. Me + buddy of equal size + 2 appropriately sized women + 100lbs baggage + almost 7 hours of fuel. Still have a few pounds for snacks and drinks.
I was going to say the same thing, Comanche!! It is a four person, full fuel, no weight and balance issue airplane. Having said that, things I would change/wish for if I had the money.....aircraft de-ice, turbocharger (the Comanche loves altitude but the O-540 loses steam about 10K), and I wish they were still in production!

I'm considering a Landoll Ring to add 12# of ballast at the prop to move my CG forward a bit. She's quite tail heavy at full gross.

Also considering adding a smoke system and a 406 ELT.

Maybe I missed it but, what are you driving?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back