I flew today!

N659HB

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Pops
Did you?

Left work early. 1.1 hours logged. Three terrific landings. Lovely.

Forecast is for rain the next two weeks. This will have to tide me over. Can't wait for DST!

Actually I did. .6 hrs. Local flight. Did some stall tests. 45 degree degree turns riding the burble at 65kts and then some 60 degree turns around 75 kts...with no AoA or stall horn. :eek:

We got rain on the way also so I had to get a flight in. Saturday might be possible but after that, it’s back to work.

Last edited:
yep! did my first few approaches with a safety pilot after work. figured the same as you, last chance to fly for a while so turned a fuel run into some practice.

Dual XC with my student. PAMR -> PASX and back.
Weather = stunning but cold. The TAF's all pretty much just said "Sky Clear. Put the computer down and get up here. Bring gloves and warm shoes."
Gave my student a workout by covering up the fancy GPS and the DG, and making him navigate by compass and VOR. A hard-earned 1.9.

I got .9 after work last night. Had to beat the winter weather that's hitting this morning.

Yep!

Got the little Sky Arrow out yesterday for a quick round trip to our N GA home.

32161252197_63f91ecb23_z.jpg

The AIRMET for low level wind shear did not pan out, but at altitude the winds were southerly at around 40 kts.
Made for almost an hour to cover the 50 nm on the trip down, but only 32 minutes for the trip back. 1.6 hours total logged.

Livin’ the dream!

I did fly yesterday! It was warm and cloud-free in Wisconsin for the first time in a while. I had a blast and got night current.
IMG_20190214_175143.jpg

Did a run to 57A café, then flew as safety pilot (can I log that? :rolleyes:)... was gonna take a picture but who hasn't seen a cheeseburger with chips and a pickle before?

Did a run to 57A café, then flew as safety pilot (can I log that? :rolleyes:)... was gonna take a picture but who hasn't seen a cheeseburger with chips and a pickle before?

cheeseburger pics never get old!

I have to go make a couple of adjustments to my flaps and then I'll test fly it today. Nice to be away from trainees (especially the one who's wasting everyone else's time because he just-doesn't-get-it.

I have to go make a couple of adjustments to my flaps and then I'll test fly it today. Nice to be away from trainees (especially the one who's wasting everyone else's time because he just-doesn't-get-it.

Lol! You sound like my brother. “These new trainees suck! Don’t know how they get thru OK City.”

This guy has been EDIT (experiencing difficulty in Training) for months. I knew when he first started flight data that he wasn't going to make it. Yet he's still there. Simple stuff such as screwing up call signs and giving the wrong direction on traffic calls and if we ever had a radar outage, he'd be toast.

I'm so mentally tired after a day listening to him so I look forward to Fridays and Saturdays, my days off.

Back